Chapter 15: Lies

Clyde

Two Weeks After The Chat With Kenny

My hand brushes against the wooden door of an old friend, the door slightly opens revealing eyes as red as Mars, stubble covering most of his lower face. Bags prominent under his eyes that are threatening to drop tears.

The reeking smell of alcohol escapes his agape mouth, Craig's droopy face smiles weakly at me and opens the door for me.

I shake my head not wanted to know how bad it is in there, if this is what he looks like, I could never imagine what the house looks like.

Craig nods slightly, I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out, Kenny told me to be truthful with him after I told Ken my story and say I'm sorry but I am horrible at this kind of shit.

"This will be easier if we sit," Craig says opening the door wider. I nod slightly and enter the dragons den with my head low.

As I suspected the house was a mess, hundreds of beer bottles and cans litter the ground and a stack of pizza boxes sit in the corner awaiting a small breeze to knock the tremendous tower into the ground probably suffocating any poor victim to find themselves underneath the pile.

I carefully sit on the filth covered couch, wiping it down a little before sitting with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"I know it's a mess, you don't need to give me that look," Craig states looking away.

I look at him, his posture is off as he slouches. His normally slim body slowly growing and his face looks more nourished and chubby. Closer to what I looked back in Elementary. He turns to me, his gloomy expression and fallen smile compliment each other.

"I hope you know I'm not mad at you," I begin gulping before speaking. My voice cracked halfway through, he takes notice and looks down again.

He doesn't say anything, he just looks down like he is about to cry. And if he was reading my mind he let's out a small sob.

"I'm not angry with you, it's not your fault," I say again but he still stares at the ground his normally strong and demanding demeanor slowly crumbling into the soft and loveable person I know him as.

He still doesn't say a word and I know how he feels so I sit in silence awaiting a response or something.

Minutes pass of a comfortable silence until Craig lifts up his head to meet my gaze, "Its always my fault," He finally says before looking away again.

I reach my hand over and grab his, "Its not your fault about what happened to Tweek or what happened to me," I say. He tenses at the sound of his late ex-boyfriends name.

"It is my fault... its alway my fault," Craig cries gripping his hair and pulls ripping out a large chunk.

I grip his hands and bring them back down to his side before returning to my seat across from him.

"Stop blaming yourself!" I say raising my voice in an intimidating way.

"Who else should I blame?" He asks frantically staring at me for some sort of answer that I know won't settle his mind.

"Me! Blame me." I reply frantically trying to come up with a good answer and this was the only logical one.

"I could never blame you..."