Chapter 31: Long Road Ahead pt.3

Clyde

"I will never forget that sound," I say to the police officer. His questioning eyes search me for any inconsistencies in my stories or perhaps he is looking for something else.

"What sound?" The officer inquires.

Flashback

Token slowly walks towards us, a metal baseball bat in his hand. He slowly grinds the aluminium alloy across the asphalt creating an eerie sound sending shivers up and down my spine.

I slowly pull myself out of my seat and out of the car window, I try to stand but is instantly pushed back to the ground, I yelp out in pain as a sharp pain shoots up my broken leg. I look down at my hands, fresh cuts litter my skin from the shards of glass scattered about.

"Hey, honey..." Token spits his voice stern and fueled by hatred.

I remain silent and look up at him matching his hatred, he keeps his eyes locked onto me. He slowly licks his lips before kneeling down to reach my level.

His hand wraps around my throat, his manical smile and evil eyes compliment eachother as he applies pressure to my throat.

I gasp out in desperate need for air, I reach up and try to attack him. My hands try to push him away but are quickly swatted away.

A crackle of someone stepping on glass is heard not to far away, Token relieves some of the pressure and looks towards the sound with a smile.

He pushes me away and stands with a large and psychopathic grin plastered onto his face. A look of excitement is seen through his eyes and expression as he takes a few steps towards Craig...

Present Day

The words leave my mouth, recounting the first part of the story and the police officer remains silent letting me retell the story at my pace. He seemed satisfied so far.

He stands and grabs a glass of water before sitting back down the table, he passes the glass over and hands it to me.

I graciously accept it and take a few mouthfuls before placing the cup back ok the metal table.

I feel the hard stares of the officer as I sigh, I start to gear myself up, ready for the next part of the story.

"When you're ready," The officer says clearly getting impatient.

I nod at his request and carry on the recounting of last night...

Flashback

Craig looks up at Token, fear shown through his eyes and expression. Token towers over the ravenette who is flat on his stomach, blood emerging from his mouth.

I watch on paralyzed, Token lifts the bat high above his head. I try to move towards them, I slowly get to my feet well foot with the help of the car. I try to hop over but end up falling back over. Another pain surging through my body.

"Please don't!" I cry out to Token.

He veers around, a malicious look upon his face. He points the bat towards me, "This is all happening because you won't listen!" He yells his words laced with poison as his glares shoot fiery daggers at me. But his gazes are now nothing to me, I don't feel fear or sadness only a desperate need to save Craig. A desperation.