Chapter 30: Long Road Ahead pt.2

Clyde

Craig remains facing forward, sweat pouring out of the pores on his forehead. He looks stressed and on edge. He is yet to tell me his 'deepest darkest secret' but I dont want to pester him about it.

He is helping me, my gut tells me I can trust him but the last person I trusted... nevermind.

My eyes remain focused on the god of a man to my left, I see him grip the wheel tightly and lick his lips before opening his mouth to speak.

His lips quickly seal and he shakes his head, "Sorry... its just hard to talk about," Craig explains with a short and sweet smile.

I smile back, "Don't worry about it, if your not ready to tell me it's okay," I reply with a slight shrug of my shoulders.

"Its just... you were so open to me. Even though you can't remember me, so I'm like a stranger to you," Craig retorts, his grip on the steering wheel loosening as he begins to calm down.

"I... I wish I could remember you... I really wish I could. But yet I feel it within my bones and soul that I can trust you," I say sincerely, my heart pouring out to this person I don't know.

He smiles and closes his eyes for a few seconds, quickly reopening them after he realizes he is still driving the car and doesn't want to die.

"I'm not sure if you remember this which makes it so much harder," Craig begins his voice soft and broken, "I had a boyfriend, we were together for years. He then died, which was hard for me to grasp... I turned to alchohol and other substances to stay happy but it never worked..."

Craig's eyes remain glued to the road with no emotion hidden behind them, his face blank as he stares endlessly onto the road in front of him.

"You helped me, Clyde." He continues, "You showed me that there was more to life then the self brooding and suicidal thoughts running through my head."

"There is no need to be afraid, I have suicidal thoughts every now and again," I reply, really sympathizing with him.

"I'm not done yet... This wasn't the only time I felt like that. When I was only friends with Tweek, I was in the same spot but that time was different," He says.

"I was not only putting myself in danger but others... I lost the will to live and ended up dragging people into dangerous situations that I couldn't care less if it ended badly," Craig continues his voice breaking as his lip trembles and tears form under his eyes.

"My home life wasn't any better than yours, my father was abusive to say the least... he didn't care for me or my sister," His words leaving his mouth with a stern tone.

"He pushed me too far, I was already fucked in the head but this was the final straw. When he placed that hand on my sister... I snapped. I held my lucky baseball bat with force and drove it into his skull with so much force you could hear the sound in California," Craig confesses, his words shocking me to my core

"You killed him?" I ask.

Craig simply nods, "My mother protected me and turned herself in... me and my sister staying with our uncle. I told Tweek about it all and he helped me though it all."

"Tweek? As in the blonde one?" I inquire not sure if he is the same Tweek I was friends with in Elementary.

"Yeah the blonde one... I really loved him, but like usual I fucked it up," Craig explains.

"Who else have you told?" I ask wondering if he still bears the burden of guilt.

"Only Tweek and now you," He replies with a grin.

"Why me?"

"I trust you. I care about you and I know you care about me too," He explains, "In truth I actually love you."

"Wa-what?" I ask confused.

"Nothing... it was nothing," He replies with a pink tint to his cheeks.

"I feel like I love you too," I say, I heard exactly what he said but I just wanted him to repeat it.

"Really?"

"Maybe... I dunno but I feel it inside of me. The love that is," I say shrugging.

"Do you wanna? I dunno... kiss?" He asks all flustered.

"You seemed so confident earlier," I tease.

"Shut up," He replies as he pulls over the car.

I leans over and I cup his check to bring him closer. I dunno but this feels right, I plant my lips onto his and I can feel the fireworks explode around us. My anxiety goes away same with my constant fear... the only thing I felt in that moment was him.

We pull apart, he smiles. "Just like I remember."

"We were together aye?" I ask.

"Ya and we were so cute together," He replies starting the car again.

"By the way I should warn you, we have to do some work for Stan when we get to his farm, his tool box is in the backseat," Craig continues.

"As long as I am with you... nothing mat~~"

CRASH

The car rolls and I scream for my life. I feel my already bad leg snap and my glasses fly from my face. The car stops moving leaving us upside down, I groan in pain, I look across to Craig. His eyes are closed and is not moving.

Before my mind could think the worse, I look out my window seeing what hit us. A figure steps out of a black truck. I gasp as the figure walks closer towards the car.

Anyone but him... why couldn't it be a doctor or someone who could help us. But instead it is the person that most likely caused this... Token Black.

***