Chapter 27: Never Gonna Give You Up

Clyde

"Hello?" The person who's door I just knocked on asked, "Clyde?" He says finally opening the door to see whom I am.

"Hey Doc," I say with a short but distressed smile, the therapist gestured for me to enter after seeing the stress I am in right now.

I slowly move my glasses up the bridge of me nose as Mr. Jones leads me through his suburban home. Photos of his family litter the hall as he leads me Into to a large room with a desk and a couch with office decorations covering most of the walls.

"Take a seat," Mr. Jones commands pointing towards the leather sofa. I obey and sit down, I bury my head into my hands with my mind racing.

"Why are you here Clyde?" He asks, I remain silent still trying to process everything

"I see you are in distress, I need you to answer my questions if I am too help you. Can you do that for me?" Mr. Jones asks, I simply nod and he asks the previous question again.

I look at him, "I feel like... I feel like I'm losing my mind," I finally say breaking the silence.

"Why do you feel like that?"

"I was happy a few hours ago and then it all changed," I continue my voice shaky over the scenes I witnessed.

"How so?"

"I was with my husband Token... I remember two versions of him. I remember him being the best person in the world and then again I remember him being the worst," I explain gripping my hair tightly out of stress.

"How did this come along?" He asks.

"I saw the bruises on my body... in the mirror and then all these memories or thoughts like flashes before my eyes. They were disturbing and horrible..."

"Can you describe these memories to me?"

"I felt like he was attacking me... In that moment I could feel each time he hit me. Each time he abused me, each time he... did things to me. I felt it all."

"I feel like you repressed these memories so that you could be happy, it is common for patients to repress terrible and traumatic experiences to make themselves feel better," The doctor explains writing down some things in his notepad.

"I don't remember forgetting them, I dont know if I believe them," I say shaking my head not wanting to listen to the doctors ramblings.

"Are the bruises real?"

"Yeah, I poked them to see if they were," I reply nodding only one realizing my stupidity.

"I'm gonna tell you something and if might be a surprise to you," Mr. Jones explains his voice soft but concerned.

"This is the third time you have been here this week," He tells me, I stare blankly at him confused.

"That's impossible, I remember everything," I say wondering if he is telling the truth or he is telling my lies like everyone else in my life.

"Everyday you come in here, you come with more bruises and remember less," He continues.

I shake my head, "No. All my memories came back," I say.

The doctor looks at me solemnly and with a short but sweet smile. "I'm guessing there are still blanks in your memory."

"What have I forgotten?"

"You haven't mentioned Craig today," he informs.

My head snaps up, I glare at him trying to remember that name. It feels so familiar yet so distant at the same time.

"Who is he?" I ask.

"Craig Tucker, you fell in love with him. He tried to help you escape Token," The doctor explains, "Well that's what you told me anyway."

"What?"

"Do you have your phone, you did have images of you two," He inquires.

I feel in my pockets looking for the cellular device only to find it missing.

"Its gone..."

Token Black

I hold Clyde's phone in my hand, I search through his phone deleting any trace of Craig. Every single photo is now gone.

I am about to delete Craig's contact until a message comes through...

Texts between Clyde and Craig

Clyde: I dont want to leave

Craig: please let's go and start a new life

Clyde: Token is my life now leave me alone

Craig: I love you

Today

Craig: Can you please tell me you are okay

Craig: I haven't heard from you in weeks

I smile at this, Craig wants a response from Clyde and he is going to get one. I search up a link from YouTube and sent it to him

Clyde: https://youtu.be/dQw4w9WgXcQ

Craig: what's this?

Clyde: The Truth

Craig

I look at the link with confusion, I feel like I have seen this link before but what do I know.

I tap onto the link and begin to watch the video...

"Son of a bitch," I say aloud with anger.

Clyde: have you seen it

Craig: I have, i just want you to know

Craig: I'm never gonna give you up

Clyde: you really should. I am a lost cause

Craig: I'm never gonna let you down

Clyde: goodbye Craig

Clyde: goodbye

***

A/N

This chapter is soooo bad but, I did the thing I promised a reader. So at least one good thing came out of it.

Have fun and goodbye

This chapter is terrible. Like really bad.

@ClydexCraigisvalid

I did the thing