Chapter 11

I stretched as I looked into my closet, trying to decide on what to wear today. I didn't want to wear anything girly but I didn't want to look like a brute. Humming, I skimmed through my wardrobe. Finally my hands landed on an outfit I haven't worn in a long time. After getting my matching blue bra and panty set on, I pulled on my rock angel t-shirt with a white spaghetti strap. Then my black tear jeans, some socks and then my black Keen Elsa III sneakers. I walked over to the mirror in my room and looked at myself. I decided that I would put my hair down into a loose curl. When it was all ready, I placed a beanie onto my head. For accessories, I decided my sliver bracelet with a aqua topaz, my black and blue bead bracelet, my sapphire heart angel wings ring, my blue heart crown ring with a matching color ring, and feather earrings. The last one I decided was a necklace Sesshomaru gave me a week after we reunited.
     He said he made it for me as courting a courting gift. It was made from the most beautiful black gold and attached to it happened to be a luminescent demon jewel. The black gold was beautifully shaped as a crescent moon and dangling was the jewel. I smiled at it as I hooked it around my neck. When I had that all settled, I grabbed my black michael kors bag. Sesshomaru said he just had to get me this bag. I didn't need brand items but he seemed to enjoy spoiling me.

     I went to the living room to get the grocery list we were making earlier

     I went to the living room to get the grocery list we were making earlier. I must say I didn't have to get too much. And I might as well get a shopping spree out of it.
     I hummed happily down the stairs, thinking about what I should do today. I carefully looked over the list.
     "So I'm going to need some toothpaste, some cleaning sponges and some packing tape. Easy."
     "Shut up someone is coming." A young boy's voice called from my left. I stopped in my tracks and looked, finding two boys staring at me.
    "Gah! It's the ghost." One boy said.
    "Hurry run." The other screamed as they both ran away. I tilted my head in confusion.
     "Dumb kids, how rude." I huffed as I made my way to the store.
     I made it to the store in fifteen minutes. It was convenient to live in the city because of how almost everything was in walking distance.
     "Have you heard about that dull rundown shrine on top of the mountain?" A woman said. This conversation caught my attention, but not wanting to be rude. I walked up farther and randomly looked at some items.
     "You mean the one they say is haunted. Of course I have." The other woman said.
     "I'm getting chills just thinking about it." The first woman shuddered. "People have been saying that they have been seeing a ghost of a young girl and boy with a young adult male lately."
     "Like new ones."
     "Yes, it's so sad really. I've been telling the kids to stay away. I mean who knows what happen to those poor folks."
     "You're wrong." I shouted, walking over to them. "It's not like a creepy haunted movie set. It's just in a weird place, so everyone freaks about that. But Tomoe and everyone keeps it nice and clean and comfortable, so it's  not rundown at all."
     "Oh I see. How enlightening. " The first woman said nervously.
     "Toma what?" The other said while they slowly escaped to the end of the aisle. "I'm sure it's fine dear."
     They both chuckled and then left in a hurry, leaving me in a daze.
     They think its rundown and haunted. I thought as I left the store, completely forgetting the task at hand. I don't think its rundown at all.  My thoughts went back to the sparkling shrine earlier that day. Everyone works their hardest to keep it clean and tidy for an worshipers coming in. It's no wonder why we haven't gotten any people.
     Suddenly I felt my body feel light and darkness surrounded me. My brows furrowed as I looked around in this darkness. It seemed familiar. Almost like Over Yonder but not.
     Soon enough light blinded me temporarily but I recovered quickly. I blinked and rubbed my eyes, shocked at what I was seeing. I landed gracefully on the all too familiar bridge. The bridge that led to Tenjin-ya.
     Tears brimmed at the edge of my eyes as I stared at the building I haven't seen in five hundred years. Well more like five years to me. I wiped away the tears and smiled. I ran to the door and threw it open. My smile went wider when I saw the familiar red headed front desk manager.
     "Akatsuki!" I screamed happily, scaring the poor fool who was currently helping a couple register in. His red eyes landed upon me and his eyes went wide.
     I went to the edge where Chiaki was waiting to help me with my shoes. I removed them and bent down to his height. I smiled, dropped my shoes and gave him a big hug. Chiaki flinched under my touch but soon warmed up when he recognized my scent.
     "Ka...kagome?" His voice trembled as he hugged me back. "How?"
     "I'll explain once everyone is together again." I smirked at him. He simply nodded as he placed my shoes in a designated place. I walked over to the blossoming tree that resided in the middle of the room. It was still as beautiful as the day I saw it last. I leaned against the wall next to it as happily closed my eyes to enjoy this comfort.
     "Well...well...well, if it isn't the famous Shikon Miko." Said a smooth masculine voice. I slowly open my eyes, looking up.
     "If it isn't the handsome ogre, Ōdanna." I smiled up at the man who was looking down from the railing. He chuckled and smiled back as he walked down the stairs. He came over to me and leaned against the wall next to me. Pushing off the wall, I stood before him and held some of his silky black hair. "It seems you could use a trim." I teased.
     "But I thought you liked it long." He taunted.
     "I never said such thing." I huffed, earning a chuckle from Ōdanna. "So did you ever find a bride yet?"
    "None that catch my fancy yet."
    "Lady killer." I sighed. His red eyes softened as he looked at me longer.
    "It's been far too long."
    "It has." I softly smiled. "Is it possible to have a small meeting when everyone is not so busy. I like to say hi to everyone."