Chapter 3

As the days pass slowly in the West Eye college, the students gets used to their new lifestyle. As new things keep popping up, Mia soon forgets about the weird first encounter with Damon. On the slightly warm October evening, Mia returns to her dorm after a coffee with Harvey and spots Syn and Damon sitting on the room floor as they usually do.

Mia walks past them giving them a faint smile as usual, however, this time not only Syn smiled but so did Damon which Mia finds strange but she brushes it off and heads to the shower. Coming back, Mia expects to only see Syn on the floor clearing up the books but this time Damon is helping. As Damon spots her, he waves at her with a friendly smile on his face. Mia waves back nervously. 

"Alright girls, I'll see you tomorrow." Damon declares as he walks out of the room. 

"What's up with him? What put him in such a good mood?" questions Mia with high concern in her voice. Syn chuckles.

"I don't know. He seems to have grown quite fond of you I'm presuming. He sees you everyday after all." Syn jokes and plops onto her bed. Mia slowly sits onto her own. S he zones out a little while.

"Hey. What do you guys always work on whenever he's here?" Mia sighs.

"Just some homework I'm helping him with." Syn replies. "I'm gonna go have a shower" she continues. She then hurries over to the bathroom. 

Mia now left alone with her thoughts starts thinking of ideas to approach Damon. 

'Should I just say hi?' Mia wonders. 'Does he have a weak spot?' She then decides to not over think it and go to bed.

Next day, while waiting for the classroom to open again, Mia spots Damon headed in her direction. She gets nervous but she tries playing it cool.

"Look. I'm gonna be straight forward. I think we should become friends for Syn's sake." Damon announces. Mia looks at him in shock for a little while.  After figuring he's not joking she agrees. "I'm gonna be there later just so you know." He adds. Mia nods and then Harvey approaches the pair and Damon speeds off as soon as he spots him.

"What was all this about?" Harvey questions. Mia shrugs.

"I wish I could tell you" Mia answers quietly. Some of the other students arrive and so does the professor. 

Coming back from the lecture Mia does not see Damon with Syn as she expected but instead just Damon alone on her bed. She looks at him with a questionable look and then Syn comes out dressed up.

"We're going to a party and you're coming with us!" exclaims Syn excitedly. Syn then grabs Mia's hand and drags her into the closet. After a few short moments Mia and Syn are out. Mia is wearing a mid-length blue dress with her back exposed, high heels and a face full of make up. 

Damon looks at Mia in shock and hesitates before saying anything.