Chapter 6

Damon bursts through the door. Syn and Mia jolt their heads towards the door. 

"What are you doing here?" Mia asks with suspicion. Damon and Syn nod at each other.

"I wanted to take you somewhere." Damon replies shyly. "Will you come with me?" Mia looks at him in surprise and turn her head slowly towards Syn. Syn nods and Mia walks over to Damon and they stride off.

After half an hour they're at a top of a mountain.  Damon gets out of the car and opens Mia's door for her. She thanks him and they walk over to the viewing spot. They watch the colorful sunset as the sun slowly moves behind another mountain. 

"I used to come to places like this when I was younger with my parents." Mia sighs. Damon, interested, slowly moves his head to face Mia. "I haven't been in a place like this for a long while. My dad got ill and he only recently recovered. He promised to take us somewhere like this when he gets better but I stared college." Mia continues. Damon listens carefully watching Mia. 

Mia finishes her story and Damon comforts her. They talk for a little while.

"What about your family? I haven't heard you speak of them." Mia asks. Damon takes a deep breath.

"Well, my dad got ill as well but I can't see him. My mam takes care of my dad. My siblings are in different states living their own lives." Damon replies. He takes a deep breath again and his eyes slowly begin to water. Mia upon seeing his eyes filling up with tears pulls him closer and gives him a tight hug. She reassures him that everything will be okay. They then walk over to a near by bench. 

"Know what always helps me when I'm sad?" Mia blurts out. Damon stared at her with confusion in his eyes. "Ice cream! There's a shop near by so I'll go get some." Mia continues. She then hurries along the path. Damon lets out a big sigh. 

'How did I manage to make such a fool out of myself? She won't like me if I keep being this way.' Damon ponders to himself. He lays down on the bench for a while. Soon he falls asleep.

"I'm back!" Mia exclaims excitedly. Damon jumps and Mia giggles to herself. 

"You scared me." Damon laughs. Mia chuckles as she hands him the ice cream. They chat for a little longer while watching people head off. 

Damon had a plan.

"This feels nice." Mia states. Damon agrees. Mia puts her head on Damon's shoulder and they enjoy the night sky. Soon Mia's phone starts ringing. It's Tori.

"Sorry I have to answer." Mia says as she speeds off a bit further down the path. Damon sits there patiently. Mia soon comes back and explains that her sister rings her every night to check on her. 

As they sit staring at the city lights from the mountain top, Damon thinks to himself 'It's either tonight or never.' He then turns to face Mia and Mia does the same. 

"I have to tell you something....." Damon hesitates. 

"Yes?" Mia urges him to continue. 

"Well... I started having a bit of a crush on you recently...." Damon continues. Mia looks at him with happiness and surprise. Damon turns red and faces away. Mia hugs him tightly and he turns back around to hug Mia back. 

After a while the decide to head back home. As Mia returned to her dorm room Syn asks about every single detail that happened that evening. Mia plops onto her bed and explains everything. This is the first time Mia has ever felt like this before while talking about a guy and it made her feel good. She looked forward to seeing Damon in class the next day.

As soon as Mia sees Harvey and Phil, she tells them to meet her at the cafe later so she can tell them everything that happened the night before. 

~~~~~~

Any ideas that would make this story better pls let me know uwu