Chapter 8

On a cold December night, Mia is packing to back home for the Christmas holidays. Syn is also packing. They both chat about their goals for the new year. Soon Mia tells Syn about a rumor that she heard going around about Damon - Syn without any knowledge that was her plan for what he did, believed her. Now that's a seed planted and then Mia's mam came to pick her up.

During the holiday season Mia is excited to see her family again and tells them everything about what was happening in the past months. Tori knew a lot of it already so she told their parents some bits but not everything so it was a good catch up. Tori then mentions Damon and everything about both of the rumors floods back to her. She tells them everything about the rumor going about her but she didn't tell them about the one she spread,  and they try help her forget it. 

Over the Christmas holidays, Mia totally forgot about everything that happened before she left. When the time to come back to college came around, Mia didn't want to leave her family again. She knew she would see them again soon but it still saddened her that she had to leave for a few more months. After saying their goodbyes, Mia's taxi drove off. She started feeling anxious about going back.

When Mia finally arrives Syn gives her the biggest hug. They catch up and gossip about some people. Their classes ain't until the next day so Mia decides to go meet Harvey and Phil after unpacking. They are happy to finally see each other after nearly a month. 

In class the next day, Mrs Smith had to answer an emergency call so she left the classroom. As soon as she did, Damon stands up and strides to the front.

"As a lot of you are aware, there's a rumor going around Mia." Damon exclaims to the class. Everyone nods. "Well I was the one who made it up an I just want to apologize." he continues. Mia gets a boost of confidence and marches  to the front as well.

"That was brave of you, Damon. I've got to say something as well." Mia declares. Everyone is now looking at them both with confusion. "The rumor about Damon brutally rejecting my friend Katie is fake, he doesn't even know who that is. I made that up to get revenge." Mia states. The crowd has a mixed reaction. Some people are cheering, some people are letting out deep sighs or booing them.

"Kinda figured." Damon replies sarcastically. They both give big apology speeches to each other.

"Do you want to go on another date?" Damon asks. Everyone in the room lets out an 'aww'. Mia hesitates but accepts. 

"Get a room!" Harvey shouts jokingly. The whole room bursts into laughter. 

Soon they hear the door opening so they hurry back to their seats. They keep smiling at each other through out the rest of the class.