Chapter 9

Tori gives Mia a surprise visit a few days after she returns to her dorm. That surprises Mia but she welcomes her sister. Tori soon explains that she has an extra week off because of the snow storm that hit their town. Mia soon tells her about her date with Damon.

"No offense but I kind of don't trust him after what he did before the holidays." Tori voices her concern.Mia brushes it off.

"He admitted it and apologized. Everyone deserves a second chance." Mia replies with a calming voice.

"Me, Phil and Harvey are coming. In secret of course." Tori states. Mia tries to stop her but she knows there is no way of stopping Tori so she just went along with it. 

few days later on an early afternoon in January, Damon and Mia meet up for their arranged date. Neither of them can believe that it is happening so soon but they're happy to see each other and have some alone time for the first time in a while. Little did Damon know that Phil, Harvey and Tori would be there.

"Where are we headed off to?" Mia asks. 

"Plao cafe" Damon answers without a hesitation. Mia looks at him with shock on her face. 

"That cafe is so expensive though." Mia whines softly. "You didn't have to..."

"But I wanted to and you deserve it." Damon states. They both head off in the direction of the cafe with the other three close behind them in great attire to blend in.

As they arrive at the restaurant, they are greeted by one of the workers who takes them to their table. One of the workers is a friend of Phil's so she is already filled in. She takes them to a table a bit further from Mia and Damon but not too far so they can still hear their conversation. 

The date seems to be going well but Phil, Harvey and Tori still are not fully convinced that Damon is telling the full truth. They can't put their finger on why or what he's lying about. 

Mia and Damon get to know each other better throughout the date. Mia finds out that Damon is actually out of state. This surprises Mia as most of the people she knew are from a few towns away or the same town but she finds it quite cool that he's different in that aspect. 

After they finish their meal Damon decides to take Mia to a local park. There is a small lake in the park with benches around it so they decide to go sit there for a little while. Mia enjoys the sun setting in the distance while sitting with Damon by the small lake. Mia completely forgets that Tori, Harvey and Phil are near by. The three seem to trust Damon more after seeing how he acts around Mia. 

"Maybe he isn't as bad as we thought." Phil whispers to the other two. They agree with him even though they don't want to. A few moments later Damon and Mia stand up and start walking somewhere. Damon takes Mia on top of the mountain where they went on their first date.

Looking over the city lights in the dark comforts Mia but also gives Damon a burst of confidence.

"Hey... I wanted to ask you this for a while..."Damon starts shyly. Mia urges him to say what's on his mind. 

"Will you go out with me?" Damon asks. A huge smile grows on Mia's face. She looks over at the other and they nod. She says yes. Damon takes Mia home after a long while of staring at the night sky.