Chapter 10

The next day, Tori, Mia, Harvey and Phil are discussing the date from the night before in a local cafe they usually go to. Mia still can't believe that she is with someone like Damon.

"At first I thought he was lying about something but turns out I was wrong." Tori admits. The boys agree with her. Suddenly Syn came into the cafe. 

"Damon is actually a chill guy." Harvey adds. Mia agrees. 

"Can't believe he'd actually to go on a date." Mia laughs. Sn upon hearing this gets infuriated. However, she can't explain why. After getting their coffee, Syn stomps out of the cafe. 

'Should I tell her? I think she deserves to know seen as she's his girlfriend.' Syn thinks to herself. She smiles and decides to do it. 

Few hours later at Mia's and Syn's dorm, they're saying goodbye to Tori once again. This time Mia and Tori aren't going to see each other until Easter. They promise to still call each other regularly. 

"I need to talk to you." Syn whispers as Tori leaves the room. 

"What about?" Mia asks.

"Damon." Syn replies quietly. Mia looks at her surprised but agrees. They decide to go to a pond where no one will hear the. Syn doesn't want anyone else knowing about Damon besides Mia. The pond is the perfect place as it's always almost empty at this time. 

As they get closer and closer, Mia gets more nervous. She doesn't understand what Syn would have to say about Damon. 

'I hope it's not another rumor had enough of those.' Mia thinks to herself. At this point, they are near the lake. They come to the decision to sit on one of the picnic benches not too far away. 

"Basically, I've heard that you're with Damon now - congratulations by the way - but there's something you need to know." Syn declares.

"What do you mean?" Mia asks, now highly concerned. 

"He's not exactly human, he's a vampire." Syn states. Mia doesn't know how to react. Mia looks at Syn with a lot of confusion but Syn nods. As much as Mia does want to believe Syn, she can't. She pretends to believe her.

The next day during class Mia talks to Harvey about it. Harvey doesn't believe it either.

"Vampires don't exist." Harvey states confidently. Mia agrees with him. However, the more Mia looks at Damon, the more he starts looking like a vampire. The extremely pale face, the sharp teeth but she soon comes to her senses that it can't be true. Mia has seen Damon out in the sun plenty of times and she even saw him tan which most vampires can't do for the most part. 

Mia and Harvey shake that thought off and continue with their normal lives.