Chapter 2

The whole class turns to see the boy. Everything paused for a moment. He walked over to a spare seat at the back. Soon he would meet the gaze of Mia. The pair locked eyes. Mia tried to smile but the darkness of the boys eyes swallowed every bit of energy from her. He then broke the gaze by looking at the front.

"Who is he?" questions Mia. Harvey shrugs his shoulders still focused on the boy.

"Would you like to introduce yourself seen as you are late" instructs Mr Smith.

"Damon" the boy simply answers. The professor nods and continues with the rest of his lecture. Mia and Harvey still fascinated with Damon. 

After the lecture finishes Mia and Harvey head out. At the door they stumbled upon Damon next to them. Mia felt brave so she decided to make a move and say something to the mysterious, dark haired young man in front of her. 

"Hey. I'm Mia" exclaims Mia cheerfully. Damon turns to her with disinterest.

"Not interested" Damon replies coldly and speeds off somewhere. Mia and Harvey stand there in shock for a good while. They both shrug it off shortly and head to a cafe near by. 

"What's with him I wonder" Mia blurts out after a long silence. Harvey shrugs his shoulders. "I want to get to know him more..." Mia continues excitedly. 

"This isn't going to end well. I can tell by his actions earlier today." Harvey whispers timidly. Mia sighs and agrees. After a few moments the two say their goodbyes and go back to their rooms.

Upon entering her room Mia spots something interesting. Damon and Syn are sat on the floor talking. The pair look at Mia as she enters the room. Syn gives Mia a big friendly smile while Damon just rolls his eyes and lets out a big sigh. Mia smiles back at Syn and goes to have a shower.

"That's the girl I was talking about." Damon exclaimed sharply as Mia entered the bathroom.

"She's really nice. I've met her as soon as she came here. She's actually a good roommate." Syn declares in defense of Mia. She heard all of it and she is happy that she got lucky with a roommate like Syn. Mia carries on with her shower after that encounter trying to get the day off her mind as much as she can.

Moments later Mia comes out of the bathroom and sits on her bed. Her and Syn start talking about what that whole thing was about. Syn explains that Damon is her friend from high school and he's like that with everyone. That's when Mia comes up with the idea of how she can get close to Damon: earn his trust. 

'How will I earn his trust though?' Mia wonders to herself. Then, as if by magic, Syn tells her. Mia couldn't believe it was so simple.