Chapter 21

I take a deep breath and then open the door to a very sharp dressed Harry. I breathe a quick sigh of relief because so far it doesn't look like I'm too dressed up.

"Wow," is the only thing I hear out of Harry's mouth.

"My thoughts exactly." I say making eye contact with the stunning man in front of me. "I'm not too dressed up, right? I can go change-"

"Do not. You look incredible."

I pull my bottom lip between my teeth as I look at my feet. I can feel my cheeks getting warmer the longer we stand out in the hall.

"Would you like to come in?" I slap myself mentally for being so awkward. Of course he doesn't want to come in, he's picking me up to leave.

He chuckles, what has become one of my favorite sounds in the last few months. "I was hoping we could go to dinner, but if you have something else in mind..." He trails off with a smirk.

I shake my head and let out a small laugh. "Only you would turn my politeness into something dirty."

"Only for you, darling." He says with his fake innocent smile as he extends his elbow for me to take.

Harry decided to drive which I find charming. I sneak a peek while his eyes are on the road and scan his face. His chiseled jaw seems relaxed, his eyes seem brighter than they normally are at work and a small smile grazing his lips. I feel too awkward to say anything so I decide to sit in silence.

"See something you like?"

I almost choke on air. I can't believe he just caught me staring at him. Of course he saw me! I wasn't making it discreet. I need to pull my shit together and stop acting like a 16 year old going on her first date. "S-sorry," I stutter, "I just don't think I've ever seen you so relaxed and you're still in a suit."

"And I've never seen you so formal before which disappoints me because you look amazing."

"So you've said." I take a breath. "How are you so relaxed right now? Are you not nervous?"

Harry lets out another quiet chuckle. "Of course I'm nervous, but I am thinking of this as a friend date."

I raise my eyebrow at him.

"I just mean, to make myself less nervous, I just see you as a friend who lost a bet and is forced to be here. If I thought of it the actual way, I would be too nervous to speak."

I let out a laugh. "Please, being on a date with me could not be intimidating! I am the last person you should be nervous to be on a date with."

"Why's that?" He asks as we come to a stop outside of a restaurant.

"I guess you'll have to wait and see." I give him a small wink as he gets out.

I go to get out but I notice the door is locked. Harry walks over and holds the key up to the window with a smirk. The door lock shoots open and the door follows. Again, being the gentleman he is, Harry holds out his elbow for me to grab and link my arm through.

"This place is too nice, Harry."

"Only the best for you, darling." He leans over and quickly kisses my cheek.

My face burns from embarrassment. How can he be so romantic but relaxed at the same time?

We are led over to our table and Harry pulls out my chair for me. I quickly thank him and sit down before I fall in these heels. I'm surprised I didn't take a tumble on the way in.