Chapter 25

I wake up the next morning and make sure everything is packed. I have an outfit set out for tonight and I go for a walk in the park across the street from my apartment. It's a nice day out, which over the past five years I've learned is rare.

Without stopping anywhere, I go back up to my apartment and sit on the floor. This morning while I was finishing packing, the guys who were moving my furniture to the locker came to take it all.

By 6pm, I'm dressed and ready for date night with Harry. He always picks me up at 7 so I lay against my backpack until I think it's time to go downstairs to meet him. If I wait for him to come get me, he'll see my empty apartment and suspect things more than he is already.

Looking around my empty apartment, it finally sinks in. I'm going back to America. I'm going back to my old life that I ran away from when I was 18 years old. This sucks. When I was finally happy, after five years of feeling not good enough, I'm put back in the position I started in.

If I'm being honest, I think that is the real reason I tried not to open up to anyone here. I always had a feeling I would have to go back and the connections I made would be lost. Now, I have relationships of all kinds with a group of people who will most likely forget about me in a year.

I go through the steps of the plan I came up with in my head. This has to be executed perfectly to not arise too much suspicion from Harry.

Before I know it, it's 6:50 so I slip on my shoes and walk down my stairs to the front door. It's still nice out, but the sun is basically down at this point. I made sure to bring a jacket because I figured it was going to be a little chilly and I have a bag because I fully intend on staying the night at Harry's.

"Good evening, darling." I look up at Harry's voice. Every time I see him, he gets better looking. His long hair is down, freshly washed and curly, just how I like it.

"Hey."

"This is new," he points out, "not meeting you at your door."

I give him a bright smile, stand up and take his outstretched hand. "It was a nice night out so I wanted to take it in while I waited."

Harry pulls on my hand, pulling me into his chest and placing his lips lightly on mine. He pulls away, "I see you brought a bag," he gestures to the one in my hand, "Expecting something?" He teases me.

"I expect a lot, Mr. Styles." I wink at him and get in the passenger seat in his car which he has politely opened for me.

We pull up to what looks like a Mexican restaurant. It is very decorated and large, but as soon as we walk in, I feel comfortable. The place is not crowded for a Saturday night which is good because I assume Harry is going to try to talk to me about the phone call and how I have been acting.

Sitting down, I make sure to order a frozen margarita, my favorite alcoholic beverage. Even though it is approaching winter, I haven't had one in a while so I'm excited for it. Harry orders a type of Mexican beer.

Both of us try starting a conversation at the same time which results in us sharing a laugh. "You can go first; I think I know what you're going to ask." I tell him.

"I just want to know what's going on with you, Morgan." He tells me. I know he's sincere so it breaks my heart even more.

"I'm okay, really." I say and reach for his arm, taking it in my hand and giving it a quick squeeze. I've practiced this answer for almost a week now. "When I spoke to my brother, it brought me back to a not so good time in my life. I came here for a reason and hearing his voice just teleported me to that time." I took a pause and a deep breath. "And I hated that time."