Chapter 46

The rest of the week goes by in a flash.  Currently, Harry and I are at the airport waiting for my family to come out of the gates from their flight.  I’m excited to see Stephen because this has been the longest, since getting him back in my custody, that I haven’t seen him.  Sure, the week with Harry is something I would never trade for anything, but being without my son makes me miss him, obviously.

“Mom!”  I hear making me turn around and brace myself for Stephen who is running at me.  Scooping him up, I hold him close and give him small kisses on his head.  “I missed you.”  He tells me while holding me tightly.

“I missed you too, bubs.  Did you have a fun week with grandpa and your uncles?”

He nods his head with a big smile.  “Yes!  We had so much fun.  It snowed so we made a huge snowman and went sledding!”

“Sounds like I missed out on a great time.”  My hands rest on his chubby cheeks.

“You did, but grandpa says it should still be there when we get back after Christmas so you can come too.”  Stephen looks over my shoulder and then wiggles out of my grasp.  “Harry!”  He repeats what he did to me, to Harry making Harry break out into fits of laughter.

I think this all the time, but they really do have a special bond.  It makes me so happy to see the two of them together.

“Did you forget about your dad and brothers?”  Charlie asks as he walks towards us with Stephen’s luggage as well as his own.

Letting out a quiet squeal, I wrap my arms around his neck causing him to let go of the suitcases.  “I can’t believe you’re all here!  This is crazy!”

He chuckles and picks up the bags while rolling his eyes.  “It’s going to be weird mixing your two worlds.”

My head nods in agreement and I look over at Harry to see him holding Stephen on his hip and shaking hands with my dad.  “Yeah, you all have met before, but it’s definitely weird that you’re in England rather than at our house.”  I walk away from my three brothers and go to intrude on my dad and Harry.

“Hi dad.”  I smile and give him a half hug.

Dad gives me a kiss on my temple.  “We missed you.”

“Ready to go?  Harry took his mom’s van to fit everyone.”  I inform him.

“Sounds great, let me go help your brothers with the bags.”  He says and walks towards the boys.

I turn to Stephen and ask if he wants to help, but he does what he did last time we were here and hugs Harry tighter, not wanting to let go.  “Bubs what’s wrong?”

“I missed Harry.  I don’t want him to leave.”

We start to walk to the car.  Trying my best not to fawn all over his behavior.  The level of attachment he has concerns me because if anything were to happen between Harry and I, Stephen would get very hurt.  “It’s okay, we get to see Harry for a whole week.  Remember that fun party last year we went to?”  Stephen nods his head.  “We’re going to that again.”

“Yay!”  He kicks his feet, barely avoiding Harry.

This distracts Stephen for the whole length of the car ride.  All he does is talk about the party last year and how much fun my dad and brothers are going to have.  He also obsesses over seeing Brian, Mary, Anne and Gemma.

“I’m always surprised when I hang out with him.”  I give Harry a questioning look at his statement.  “He constantly speaks.  You have your moments, but most times you’re pretty quiet.”