Chapter 23

Just a quick little filler chapter!  Enjoy!

Two months after Morgan's birthday. November.

After two more months of surveying the employees' activity on the servers, when their badges were used to get into the building and anything else I could think of to find who is trying to take Harry's money, I decided that it is between two people, one of whom was with me during one of the attempts. So I have concluded that unless the one who was with me could have done it remotely, it was obviously the other person. I desperately want to tell Harry who I believe it is, but I don't think he'll believe me and then he'll be upset with me.

Whatever we're doing, dating I guess, is going really well and I am honestly the happiest I have ever been since I got to England five or six years ago. Harry and I are not serious by any means, we're just hanging out and sleeping with each other when we need that kind of attention. I thank God that it's light between us because I don't know what I would do if it was serious.

Harry and I are currently laying in his bed with Friends playing on the TV we're facing. His head resting in my lap while my back is on the headboard. My fingers aimlessly rake through his hair that has only gotten longer since we started hanging out. He hums every time I scratch his scalp and his eyes are slowly closing. I lean forward and press a short kiss to his head. We had a fun night last night. We actually had some deep talks between rounds.

I opened up a little bit about my family which was a weird feeling. I honestly haven't talked about them in so long I forgot how much I missed some members. Even though it brought me some sort of sadness, I never shed a tear.

"After yesterday, I thought you would be the one laying on me." He says, tearing me from my thoughts of last night.

I giggle a little bit, "I much prefer this. Gives me something to do while watching TV mindlessly." I continue to scratch at his scalp for him.

"Well I am not opposed at all. I really like this." He smiles up at me. He pouts his lips and I chuckle, leaning down to connect our lips. "Friends is the best show on tele."

Rolling my eyes, I respond, "Oh please, there are much better shows."

"Name one." He challenges me.

"First we have The Office, the American version, obviously." I hear him laugh and nod his head. "Then secondly, we have any other TV comedy to ever exist."

Harry sits up quickly with a shocked look on his face. "Take that back!" He exclaims jokingly.

I shake my head rapidly. "Never! Friends is good, but it's not all that and a bag of chips like you worship it."

"I do not worship it. I just think the girls are hot and the guys are funny."

"Ugh such a guy answer." I groan and now lay on him. We are in exactly the same position, just opposite now.

"I am a man, so you should have expected that, darling." He now kisses my head.

I shake my head and hold back a giggle. "Don't play with my hair," I stop him when his hand is hovering by my head, "I haven't showered since yesterday morning so it's greasy."

He rolls his eyes, "Oh please, it's fine," he said and I feel his fingers run through my hair.

After another episode passed, I can see now why Harry likes when I do this for him. I feel myself slowly drifting back to sleep.

My phone starts to ring, interrupting my falling asleep. I shoot up from Harry's lap to grab it. Not to hide anything, just to make it stop ringing. It had been ringing on and off for a few days. My one brother, Charlie, was calling.

"Morgan, I think you should answer it." Harry sighed. "I really don't want to interfere with your family life, but he has been calling you for a few weeks. Why not just answer it and give it a chance?"

I declined the call and looked at Harry, "I will call him tonight before I go to bed. We do have work tomorrow after all so I'll be able to be alone and speak to him."

He nodded and leaned in to give me a kiss on the cheek. "I'll make us lunch. Want anything in particular?"

I shake my head and say a quick 'thanks'. I slump back onto the bed with a humph. There is no good reason my brother should be calling me. In the past few years, the only way I have heard from him is through social media, never directly. It worries me that he calls me now, after so many years. To add to it, I'm just now realizing my grandma didn't call me on November 1st like she was supposed to. Maybe grandma is hurt or is in the hospital. Panic starts to set in and I get out of bed, pacing around the room.

"Hey ba-" Harry walks into the room, "What's wrong?"

I wave him off and mumble something about seeing him tomorrow. I collected my things and started walking out of the house.

"Morgan!" He yells at me as I'm halfway out the door. "What is going on?"

Squeezing my eyes shut, trying not to break down and cry, "I can't talk about it right now. I just have to go call my brother and see what's up." I shrug him off and continue on my way out.

"Let me at least drive you, please."

I nod in response, not trusting the words to come out of my mouth to be said with confidence. Also, I think that it is better to be in a car than on public transportation when I'm beginning to become hysterical.

Harry put his hands on my shoulder making me jump. "It'll be okay, I'm sure your brother just wants to catch up with you. It has been a while." He kisses my forehead and I feel calmer, letting his words sink in.

After fifteen minutes of driving, we pull up in front of my apartment. "Want me to walk you in?" He questions me. I shake my head.

"Thank you though. For this weekend and for driving me home. I'll see you tomorrow. Sorry I had to leave so abruptly."

"Don't apologize, darling. I had an amazing time and I just want you to feel okay. Go call your brother and confirm that. If you need anything, do not hesitate to ask, okay?"

I nod my head and give him a convincing smile. "Thank you." I open the door and start to get out.

"Excuse me?"

I turn around and give him a questioning look.

"I need a goodbye kiss."

This time he gets a genuine smile from me, I lean in and give him what he wants. I mean who can deny that adorable face a kiss?

Finally, I close the door and get into my apartment. I go to the window and wave to Harry. When he sees me, he drives away. I have always found this very sweet. He makes me do this to make sure I get into my apartment and that I am safe.

I take a deep breath and call back the number that has been blowing up my phone for a few weeks.