Chapter 39

After I landed and got home, I got a call from Harry telling me that he tried to get me at the airport. I know the only reason he did was because I was in a different part than where he was looking, since I took my family's jet back, not flying commercial. I didn't want to tell him this because even though I'm okay with how my family lives, it's annoying. It was something I have been insecure about for years, having no genuine friends from childhood besides Eli. Yes, I take advantage of the money we have so I sound hypocritical, but I think we have too much. Who really needs five horses?

The following month goes by and Harry and I speak almost every day, whether it be texting or phone calls. The phone calls are less frequent, but we make it a point to at least send an update every day.

I wake up for the second time of the day by my phone ringing. Groaning, I roll over and answer it, not realizing it was a facetime.

"Rough night?" Harry asks on the other end.

Cursing, I turn off my video. "That is no way to speak to a lady, Mr. Styles."

"I apologize. Will you turn your camera back on now?"

I chuckle, put my hair in a new bun, pulling back a majority of the flyaway hairs. "Better?" I ask as I turn the camera back on.

"Much." Harry winks at me.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" I ask, curious as to why he was calling, trying my hardest not to flirt back. I have to constantly remind myself that he has a girlfriend.

He just shrugs and sits back in his office chair, causing it to lean back. "Not much, just checking up on you. Does that make me a bad person?"

Nodding, I respond. "It does when you wake me from my slumber." Laughing, he throws his head back, making him almost fall off his chair. This causes me to burst out laughing as well. "You're so clumsy."

"Whatever." He grumbles while pouting.

I continue to laugh. "Sorry, it's so easy." Deciding to compose myself, I ask again. "But seriously, why did you call?"

"I haven't seen you in a month, and I miss your face."

This makes me roll my eyes and chuckle fondly. "We Facetimed a week ago. With Stephen, remember?"

Harry nods and runs his hand through his shorter hair, indicating there's something wrong. The short hair has grown on me, but the long hair will always hold a special place in my heart.

Before he can speak, I cut in. "What's wrong? Why are you stressing?" I want to help him in any way I can.

He bites his lip, hesitantly looking at me. "Just work and people pissing me off."

I frown. "I'm sorry. I know it's a Thursday, but when you get off work, we can have a glass of wine together." I suggest and I am met with a bright smile, making me melt a little. "And this time you get to drink red instead of white."

"White wine has grown on me, but I think this is more of a whiskey situation."

"I'm sorry, sweets." Slips from my mouth before I can think. "Is there anything I can do besides have a drink with you later?"

A smirk grows on his face, making me assume it's from the nickname I called him. "Actually there is." He takes a pause and sits upright in his chair. "Work for me again?" I go to deny him but he cuts me off. "It could be part time and you can pick your hours." He adds.

Letting out a sigh I tell him I have to think about it. "I would only be online for part of the day. From 9am to 3pm over here. You wouldn't really be online at the same time as me."