Chapter 50

10 months later

Ten weeks go by after I had taken the Bar Exam in February and now I sit on the computer in my office, stress eating popcorn while I wait for my results. Stephen is finishing up school for the day and Harry is out on a run around the neighborhood or at the beach. I can't remember. He offered for me to go with him to relieve my stress, but I would rather sit and wait.

I graduated law school a week ago and Harry has been in town since. He wanted to be with me when I both graduated and got the results of the exam. Conveniently, it was within about a week of each other.

Harry has been the best ever since we had that talk almost ten months ago. He hasn't pushed living together but visits a lot more often than he used to. Every time he's away and I mention I miss him, he's on a plane within a week. I haven't been able to visit England, except for at Christmas because Harry is always the one insisting on coming to me.

I refresh the page for what feels like the thousandth time in the past half an hour. Finally, something on the page loads just as I hear the front door open. I wish I had more time to myself so if my name isn't on the list, I can be sad alone.

Scrolling down to the 'S' link, because it's organized by last name, my heart rate increases the further down I go.

'STEVENS, MORGAN' is on my screen and I feel tears welling up in my eyes. A few seconds later, as if he knew, Harry opens the door. Seeing my state he rushes over and wraps his arms around me.

"Darling," he says breathlessly, "you did it! You passed your exam, my love." He beams at me with the brightest smile I've seen on his face in a long time.

I get up and out of my chair to properly wrap my arms around him, squeezing tightly. "I did it!" I respond with tears rolling down my cheeks which Harry is quick to wipe away.

"I am so proud of you, darling. We have to go celebrate tonight." He kisses my lips lightly.

Fully enjoying the kiss, I pull on his neck with one hand to bring him closer to me, the other one sneaking down his back. "We can celebrate now." I whisper in his ear.

He gives me a smirk and suddenly lifts me up, making me let out a tiny yelp and hug his neck a little tighter. While he walks us to my bedroom, I continuously place light kisses on his neck and face, effectively driving him crazy.

Harry lays us down, him on top of me, pressing me into the bed. Now he is the one teasing me. Eventually we both rid ourselves of clothes, not taking it too long because we're both needy for each other.

When we finish, we just lay in bed wrapped around each other, chests rising and falling rapidly. I move my head so I can look at Harry, admiring the happy look on his face. He has been very stressed out lately with having to deal with work and visiting so often. It's nice to see him relaxed.

"I love you." I tell him, placing a kiss on his sweaty chest.

"I love you, darling." He replies, still making my heart flutter as much as it did when he first said it. "I know I told you already, but I am so damn proud of you. You're going to make an incredible lawyer."

Humming as a response, I place my head back down on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat.

"And tonight, I am taking you and Stephen out to a nice, fancy restaurant to celebrate. Tomorrow, you can pick where you want to eat, but tonight is my choice." Harry places a chaste kiss on my lips, shifting me so he could get up.

I wrap my arms around him tighter and let out a small whine. "Don't get up yet." I mumble into his chest.

He gives me a smile. "Fine, but I have to shower soon for dinner."