The Wind Screams with Her

"If digging up some creepy old bones means I get Monique back, I don't care about anything else," Sophie's voice echoed from inside the large mausoleum. She stood, facing Sabine and back to the entrance. "I happen to care," Elijah's voice called out, low and dark. Sophie turned to face him and Lorelei in annoyance rather than shock or fear. "You're coming with us," he added before turning and leaving the mausoleum. Lorelei remained behind, watching as Sophie exchanged a look with Sabine before leaving with the two originals.

Once back at the compound, the group of them met in the library. Elijah was sat in the chair behind the desk, eyes locked on Sophie, who stood near the coffee table and examined the image. Rebekah sat with her feet tucked up on the couch, head propped up on her fist. While Klaus sat at the bar, a glass of bourbon in his hand, and Lorelei found herself propped up on the corner of the desk Elijah sat at.

"So, you have stolen the remains of the very person that Davina's been drawing for months," he began, speaking slowly to remain in control. "Would you care to explain this startling coincidence?" Sophie shook her head, staring at the drawing. "I can't. I didn't even know who Celeste Dubois was until I –"

Sophie was cut off by Davina's screams from down the hall, the earth shaking once more. Sophie gasped at the event, but the four originals barely moved a muscle. Klaus simply sipped at his bourbon, glasses falling from the shelves behind the bar. Lorelei reached out, resting a hand on the base of the desk lamp that was inching closer to the edge.

The shaking subsided and Sophie was left with a stunned expression. "Was that Davina?" she asked, eyes wide. "Charming little habit she's developed," Klaus said, flashing a tight grin. "And the earthquake I felt today?" the witch asked, eyes turning to Rebekah. "Also Davina, and she's taken to vomiting dirt."

Sophie's expression went from shock to dread faster than a vampire's top speed. "Oh. We have a huge problem," Sophie said, voice shaking. "I thought that we had more time, but we need to complete the Harvest now," Sophie insisted. "Said the desperate witch conveniently," Klaus mused, taking another sip of his drink. "I'm serious. That earthquake you just felt – a preview of the disaster movie that is about to hit us," Sophie continued to urge them.

"Why should we believe you?" Lorelei asked, eyes cold as they locked with Sophie's. "You've met Davina, you know her story. For months now, she's been holding all the power of the three girls sacrificed in the Harvest ritual, a force that was meant to flow through her and back into the earth. One person was never meant to hold that much power. It's tearing her apart, and it will take us down with it."

Sophie's little speech had a different effect on Lorelei than it did on the other originals. While they might have been worried about themselves or the French Quarter, she only held fear for Davina. She was right, the magic was going to destroy Davina. Lorelei felt it every time the earth shook. The magic zapped into her and she had to fight to remain visibly unaffected by it. But that poor girl had been through too much in her short life already. She didn't deserve all the horrible things that had been done to her, or that were being done to her. "So, how much time do we have?" Lorelei huffed out, her concern for Davina only growing.

Sophie explained everything to the group before they dispersed to prepare. Lorelei and Rebekah went to Davina's room in the hopes of explaining what would happen. The two originals were sat on either side of Davina, who remained lying weakly in her bed. "First comes earth," Lorelei was explaining. "The earthquake?" Davina questioned, her voice small. "Yes. Then comes wind," she said with a small nod.

"And since each stage is more intense than the last, let's just say you'll blow the roof off this place," Rebekah added, remaining gentle around the frightened child. "And after that, water. Rain and floods so intense we may need to build an Ark," Lorelei attempted humor. Davina offered a tiny smile at her efforts, but was too scared to appreciate it truly. "The last stage is fire, and since it's the last, it will be by far the worst."