Full Moon Kegger

Lorelei stirred, sleep clinging to her mind. Voices drifted to her ears as she stretched her arms above her head. It took her a moment to register that the voices were whispering words of concern and fear. "Did anyone see anything?" Diego's voice rang out above the others as Lorelei stood from the bed, confusion gripping her. A resounding chorus of "no" was heard in the large space as the raven-haired original stepped out onto the hallway balcony, peering down into the courtyard. There, surrounded by concerned vampires, was the body of a man, his slit throat the source of the crimson blood staining his white suit. Lorelei instantly snapped to full alertness.

"Don't touch the body," she shouted down to the vampires. They all looked to her, some surprised at her presence and others confused as the why they couldn't get rid of it. But the body was displayed in the middle of the same circle that Rebekah had been trapped in. Rushing to the body, vampires stepped back to let her through. "That's the witch who almost killed Marcel," Diego spoke up loud enough for Lorelei to hear. She glanced up at him. "And Klaus, and Rebekah," she reminded, an edge to her voice. Diego nodded, casting his gaze down.

Lorelei was hesitant as she reached for the circle, waiting for the magic to nearly knock her off her feet. But there was none. The circle wasn't active. "Where is Klaus?" she asked, glancing up to Diego. "I'll call him," the younger vampire responded before pulling out his phone. After a few rings, he spoke. "Uh, we got a special delivery," Diego told Klaus. "Would you care to elaborate?" Lorelei heard her brother-in-law question. "Either our witch problems are over or they're just getting started," Diego said.

A moment later, he put the phone down. Lorelei turned her attention to the gathered group. "Diego, stay for a moment. Everyone else, you may go about your day," she said with such command that they only hesitated for a moment before dispersing. Diego sighed, moving to stand beside the barely dressed original. "Where is Elijah?" she asked him. "Dunno. Want me to call him too?" Diego asked, annoyance lacing his words. "No, I'll do that myself. Make sure no one disturbs the body," she ordered before returning to her room to call her husband.

Elijah and Klaus arrived at nearly the same time, Marcel in tow with Klaus. Elijah instantly went to examining the corpse as Lorelei stood, pacing the courtyard. She still wore her skimpy nightgown, only regretting that it seemed to get noticed by Klaus. "Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe perhaps?" Klaus quipped as he and Marcel watched Elijah.

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah asked plainly. "Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep," Marcel spoke up before Klaus could. "It's a rather large and ominous chicken, isn't it?" Lorelei asked, pausing in her pacing to look at the three gathered men. "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well," Klaus started to explain. "If he was supposed to be their prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" he asked as Rebekah came waltzing up to the group.

"Well, don't you all look cheery. Listen to this," she started, ignoring the body at her feet. "A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving her tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Devereaux." Every vampire in the small group was astounded by her words.

"What?" Klaus asked, stepping forward. "The tourists thought it was part of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle," Rebekah explained away his concern. "Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a Harvest Girl is resurrected. This is how we're gonna get Davina back – kill the witch who took her place," Marcel spoke with increasing enthusiasm. Lorelei would have been lying if she said she had no hope for that.

"I have a theory about who one of them could be," Hayley called out, coming halfway down the stairs from the balcony only to hold the taped sketches of Celeste's face over the bannister for all to see. "Celeste. I mean, it's gotta be. Davina was trying to tell us. She was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil was coming," Hayley explained her theory. It did make some sense. "First Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores. Now your murdered lover is back," Klaus tactlessly pointed out to Elijah. Lorelei saw the muscle in her husband's jaw twitch at his brother's words. "This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us," Klaus growled.