Twenty Three

I'm still waiting for the potatoes to soften when I heard Kiel bellowing from somewhere in his unit. Hindi ko nga lang naintindihan dahil nilamon ng distansya ang mga sinabi niya.

"Baby!" He called again. This time he sounded near so I whipped around and face him and boy, he didn't disappoint.

He's wearing nothing but his ragged, faded jeans that hangs low on his hips giving me an eyeful of that deep 'V' and the sprinkle of little hair on his defined abs that trails and disappears on beneath his pants.

Such a freaking eye candy.

"If you keep looking at me like that, I'll bend you over the kitchen counter and you know what will happen next." He growled. I snapped my eyes at his and saw the building carnal and raw hunger there.

I bit my lip, a tint of heated redness creeping on my cheeks. "Bakit mo nga ako ulit tinatawag?" Pag-iiba ko sa usapan saka ko siya tinalikuran.

I heard his footsteps nearing me, before his shadow ate mine. He wrapped his arms around me and my body did that tiny shiver it does whenever the warmth of his body fills mine. He gave my neck a playful bite before he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I was asking if you're done cooking."

"Almost. Hinihintay ko na lang maluto 'tong patatas."

He felt him peeking at the pot and he asked. His voice hitting a boyish and excited tone. "Mechado ba 'yan?"

"Yeah. Why?" Saka ko siya nilingon, my face of a quizzing look.

He twisted me around to face him. "Once upon a time, na-adik ako sa Mechado dahil nagdala sila Era n'on sa isa sa mga family dinner namin. Hindi ko alam kung sino nagluto, pero ang sarap kaso hindi na ako nakatikim ulit."

I laughed at his story. "Well, sana maabot ng lasa ng luto ko ang standards mo."

He gave me a peck on the lips. "Oo naman! I'm sure 'yan ang pinakamasarap na Mechadong matitikman ko. Luto kaya ng baby ko 'yan."

I gave him a playful smack on the arm making him chuckle. Saktong nagsimula ng kumulo ang putahe. I tried prying Kiel's arms around me but he refused to budge. I eyerolled him but he gave me one of his stubborn, smug expression, so I let him be and continued to move around the kitchen with him wrapped around me like a vice.

When I transferred the food from the pot to a container, he broke the comfortable silence.

"Dapat hindi ka na nag-tsinelas."

Hinarap ko siya na may na-wi-wirduhang tingin. "Huh?"

"Barefoot and in my kitchen." He humorously added. I wanted to giggle at his cheesy line but the dreary feeling defeated the joyful one. He picked my depressing mood immediately. He cupped my face in his hands and looked at me with earnestly. "Hey, it's alright, okay? One negative pregnancy test isn't going to deter us."

I nodded my head, but still the downcasted feeling didn't leave. He thumbed my cheek and tucked my hair on the back of my ear.

"I don't want you feeling sad, baby. It breaks my heart." He whispered.

"Sobrang taas na kasi ng expectation ko ng nag-faint positive 'yong kit. Kaya hindi ko tanggap nang nag-negative 'yong blood tests ko. I mean, sobrang bullshit naman ng tadhana na binigay pa talaga sa'tin 'yong faulty na pregnancy test kit."

He sighed with understanding. He grabbed the back of my head and pressed a long, comforting kiss on my forehead. He cradled me against him tight, as if he's trying to extract the negative emotions from me.