16. Labels

Jaxon POV

Jax: Is there a reason Nix is avoiding me?

Zander: Not that I know of. Why?

Jax: We had plans last weekend. Paintball. But she never showed.

Zander: Well, did you text or call?

Jax: Yeah man. I've learned my lesson ok? I did both and she didn't answer either.

Zander: Where's the old Jax?

Jax: What's that supposed to mean?

Zander: It's been 2 weeks. Just show up.

Zander: I'll be working late tonight. You're welcome.

Jax: You sure man? Didn't y'all have a date planned tonight?

Zander: I'm sure, but if she's pissed with me after this you owe me. Now go make plans and don't ever say I never do anything nice for you.

Jax: Aww Zan! You really do love me!

Zander: Fuck off. I'm doing this for her.

Jax: Suure 😉 Your secret's safe, boo.

Zander: I hate you so much right now.

It's been over a two weeks since Lennix has responded to my texts or calls. Two weeks of canceled plans.

I know she still talks to Zander. They go on dates and hang out all the time. She's just shutting me out.

I knew that she was embarrassed when I dropped her off after the club at Zander's, but I didn't think it would be so bad that she just didn't even respond to a text.

With Zander giving me tonight, I have to make this good. Get me back on the board. Zander is all about the romantic stuff. Dinners, movies, and walks in the park type... but that's not me.

So, I did what any proper date would do when they want to surprise the girl they are trying to woo. Yeah I said woo.

Lennix was trying to teach me to be a man worthy of a 'good girl'. Which means she talked over date ideas and what kind of effort should be put into it, which is how I know that a concert in the park is right up her alley. And it may seem a bit manipulative, but Zander was right about Lennix being selfless and wanting to make others happy. So if I show up at her door with tickets already in hand, she can't just ignore me.

I know I'm playing off her emotions, but I can't stand this wall she's putting up. Not when I know just how much brighter the world is on the other side.

———————-

Pulling up to her apartment, I'm like a teenager again. My hands are sweaty and my nerves are shot.

This is ridiculous. We've gone out just the two of us to do activities before, but this one feels like a first date. This has my head in a spin and I just can't shake it.

The concert starts at sunset. So we have about half an hour before it begins. No time for her to back out.

I just have to play it cool and convince her to go with me.

Knocking on the door I'm surprised when she answers in her pjs.

Cute.