26. Jayda's back

Zander POV

This woman has my head in a tailspin. I haven't seen her in three years and now she just wants to show up and claim I have a child in the world that I never knew about? Why wouldn't she have told me when she was pregnant? Or hell, when he was born?

I crossed my arms over my chest looking down at her, "what are you going on about Jayda? I think I would remember if you ever said anything about me being a dad. Why wait so long? Why now?"

She reached out brushing her fingertips against my arm. She really needs to stop touching me. I saw how Lennix looked when she saw and I don't want to give her anymore reasons to doubt me, but I need to know what the hell is going on.

"I was scared, Zan and I was hurt. You told me you didn't want to be with me anymore so when I found out I thought it was better for me to keep to myself. It was stupid, I know that now, but give me a chance? Meet your son? That's all I ask." She batted her eyelashes at me and I couldn't be an asshole and deny my own child.

We set up a time and a place for us to meet and I walked back to my truck to meet up with Jax and Lennix.

She was wrapped in his arms with dried tears on her cheeks and I felt like the biggest asshole in the world.

Jax wouldn't even look at me. His eyes were locked on our girl. If she is even ours after this.

"What did the succubus bitch want now?" Jax said in a low growl. He and Jayda never got along. He says she's manipulative and sneaky and I just never saw it. It's true she wasn't who I wanted to be with, but she's always been such a kind person. A little too clingy and possessive, but that was all.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't get why you hate her so much."

He looked at me with a glare. "I've told you why, but for now..." he pointed to Lennix "she hurt our girl. So she's adding to the reasons I hate her."

I huffed our a breath. I know that his anger isn't just for Jayda, it's for me too. I didn't stop her when she touched me. I didn't even think of Lennix standing right next to me. I froze.

"She wants me to meet my son." I said plainly staring at the road as I drove.

Jax laughed like I just told him a joke "and you know he's yours for sure? Or that there even is a child?" His tone was condescending and it really scrubbed my nerves the wrong way.

"Why the hell would she lie, Jaxon?" My voice was louder and harsher than I meant it to be.

He looked at me like I had not one brain cell in my head. "Maybe because she's fucking crazy, obsessed with you and she's a manipulative cunt. But you know her better than I do." He rolled his eyes not bothering to look at me. I know he's pissed but he's going to have to get over it. I'm going to meet my son later this week and Jayda will be back in our lives again.

"Just drop Nix and I off at my place. She doesn't need to be left alone and you are really not going to help her right now." His tone was cold. He's never this angry with me about anything.

————————

Jaxon POV

I can't believe she still has her claws in him. He was never in love with Jayda, but she was the closest he ever got to Nix. I don't know why.

She's a horrible human being. Jayda is the type that would kill a puppy and then make a commercial crying about all these poor puppies that need homes.

The type to pinch a baby to make it cry and then pick it up to smooth it and look like a damn saint.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was no baby or if it belonged to someone else.

She stepped over the line approaching Zander like that. She could obviously see that he was with someone else. The looks she was giving Lennix made me wish my princess was more like me and snap and smack that stupid smirk off her face, but Nix is gentle. It takes far too much for her to lose her cool.

When tears started to fall I knew how much it hurt her and all of her fears. She had finally gotten to a point that she was accepting being with both of us and not feeling guilty for the love she felt and received in return and then this bitch walks in after three years of silence to blow it all up and Zander doesn't even question it.

What the fuck is he thinking?

———————-

Lennix POV

I woke up in Jax's bed. His strong arms wrapped around my stomach. My eyes felt puffy and gritty. My body still felt exhausted. I just wanted to sleep the whole day away.

"Morning princess" his deep voice met my ear making me shiver.

I rolled over in his arms to face him. "Morning Jax." I smiled weakly and kissed him gently. His smile matched mine, but he's learned not to push. "What do you want to do today?" He asked moving on from the topic I didn't want to talk about, which I was grateful for.

I snuggled into his chest sighing to myself "can we just spend the day in bed? I don't want to do anything else."

He kissed the top of my head. "Anything you want princess."

We watched movies on his tv in his room. Split a pizza and ice cream. Cracked jokes and laughed a lot. And when night came, he kissed me with so much love and devotion it stole my breath.

My dominant Jaxon was so gentle and kind. He pulled me to him and stroked my hair whispering lovely things into my ear peppering my skin in butterfly kisses.

I never thought I'd see the day when Zander was the one who hurt me and Jaxon was the one putting the pieces together again. Holding me like I'd drift away and kissing me like I mean everything to him, but here we are and in this moment, I'm so fucking thankful to have him by my side.

I agreed to call Zander tomorrow. Today I just wanted to spend with Jax. So that's what I did. Cuddled up in love. Enjoying his company. Distracting me from the ache in my heart.