FIVE!

CHAPTER FIVE:
ARE YOU OKAY?

LIFE WENT BACK to normal for both kenzie and harvey, kenzie was back to school and had less time to focus on harvey and more time to focus on her schooling. harvey on the other hand went back to what he did before, showing rich people the fun side of life, just this time he seemed a bit more effortless.

"yo harvey wassup" one of harvey's friends, ace asked him after a day of harvey sitting around, which was not usually like him. "look, we can give this up if you want" ace said to him, he knew harvey never really wanted to start doing this in the first place, "no it's fine it's just..." harvey paused for a moment debating on weather or not to tell his best friend about what was going on.

"dude you can tell me anything"

harvey debated for a few more moments.

"okay but promise you won't be all weird" harvey said turning to his friend, ace nodded. "it's this girl, i think i love her" harvey said putting his head in his hands. "and i totally fucked it up with her" he complained.

"i can help"

harvey looked up at ace, with confusion in his face. "how" harvey asked, curious on how to get kenzie back into his life. "easy" ace smiled as he patted harvey's back.

sammy had decided to spend the night in kenzie's room. he liked being around her and liked her company, she was just lovely and they got along so well. "i'm sorry about last night, i didn't mean to go all sappy and stuff" sammy apologised once they were both up. "no worries" kenzie smiled at him. "i love you though" sammy smiled as he hugged his sister.

"i love you more"

kenzie and her brother, as they did every saturday morning, went out for a run before the sun was even up. kenzie wasn't nervous that she'd bump into harvey, she just assumed he'd been out all night partying.

"hey"

she heard a familiar voice say, she turned up her music and ran faster, to try and catch up with her brother who was now only a speckle in the distance.

"i said hey"

the same voice said, this time closer.

kenzie came to a stop at the closest bench to her. then someone sat down. he guess exactly who it was just by those worn out shoes.

"what do you want" she snapped at him, still not forgiving him. "look i just want to apologise" he said, she didn't bother looking up at him.

"okay, you've apologised now can i go run"

"i didn't even say sorry" he argued back a little.

"there. now, run" she smiled as she stood up and began running, but he wasn't giving up that easily.

"look, i'm sorry i lashed out when you asked me a question, it's just" he hesitated. "nobody's really ever asked me anything personal before, they've always just cared about themselves" he apologised.

"look harvey" she started as she looked up at him, that was when she saw his face, he looked exhausted, like he hadn't slept. he had a dark bruise on his right cheek and had what looked like a black eye on his left eye. "are you okay" kenzie asked, sounding worried.

"i'm fine"

kenzie wasn't convinced. "are you sure, i can help you know" she said pacing. harvey grabbed both her arms and stopped her. "calm down, i'm fine" he smiled at her. "what were you saying anyways" harvey asked kenzie, trying to change the subject.

"i forgive you"

kenzie smiled as she hugged him. "woah sis you're slower than usual" sammy smirked as she looked over she saw him standing against a tree. "i thought something was keeping you, got a little worried" he joked.

"shut up"

"so, what are you two lovebirds up to" sammy mocked her a little as he walked closer. "we're not lovebirds" kenzie said, lightly, throwing a stick at him.

"you must be harvey"

sammy smirked and put out his hand for harvey to shake. harvey reached over and shook his hand, sammy grabbed him and pulled him into an arm lock. "look, if you ever hurt my sister again, i will personally carry out your execution" sammy said into harvey's ear.

you could tell; by his face, that harvey was in a great deal of pain. "let him go" kenzie damned, sammy did as commanded and released harvey. harvey fell to the ground.

"it's fine" harvey reassures kenzie. "i'll leave you two to your run" harvey said standing up and brushing himself off. "okay well, i'll see you soon" kenzie smiled as harvey ran off.

"he seemed nice"