NINE!

CHAPTER NINE:
STUPID RULE

kenzie and harvey arrived at the foster household. it didn't look like anyone was so home so kenzie just walked inside. "oh kenz your home" mr foster smiled at her. she smiled back, harvey still wasn't in the house yet. "yeah i'm going to my room" kenzie smiled shoving harvey out the door.

but harvey knew what to do.

harvey climbed up the side of kenzie's house and walked on top of her first floor roof, she then jumped and held onto her windowsill. luckily just as he did kenzie opened the window. harvey pulled himself up and into kenzie's room.

"woah fancy seeing you here"

they both laughed and harvey sat on her bed. "so why couldn't you just say that i was here" he asked her. "because my dad doesn't like me having boys over" kenzie informed him.

all of a sudden there was load heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. "in the closet, quick" kenzie whisper yelled at harvey. harvey immediately got up and walked over to the closet, standing inside as he closed the doors.

kenzie jumped on the bed and acted completely normal. harvey watched through the slightly ajar closet door.

"we're you just talking to someone" kenzie's dad asked her, kenzie shook her head. "no, but i was watching youtube so maybe it was just their voices" she smiled at him. he stood for a moment.

"i swear i heard a voice coming from in here" he said, talking to himself. "trust me dad there was nobody" kenzie reassured him, trying to get him to leave.

"because you know how i feel about boys in your room" he told her. kenzie nodded "i know dad" she said, he smiled. "guess it was just my imagination" he laughed as he left the room.

harvey came bursting out of the closet.

"woah that was close" he laughed.

"aha, i got you" kenzie's dad said as he barged back into her room. "i knew someone was here" he sounded so pleased with himself. "you're coming with me" he said as he grabbed harvey by the ear.

"dad, let him go" kenzie demanded.

harvey was being dragged through the house. "i know your kind" kenzie's dad muttered to harvey. "dirty scum off the street, not in my house" he muttered to himself, dragging harvey down the stairs.

"dad, come on"

harvey winced in pain as kenzie's dad yanked on his ear. "i better never see you around here again" kenzie's dad yelled as he pushed harvey out the house.

harvey fell down the porch stairs and landed on kenzie's front lawn. "you better stay away from my daughter" he warned harvey.

"and you, inviting boys into the house" kenzie's dad almost yelled at her, he had trained to be in the army but then him and his wife had sammy and so he settle to become a lawyer.

"dad, i was just trying to help him" kenzie said, "there's places for his kind to be helped, homeless shelters" her dad almost yelled back.

"look he's a nice boy, and he's not homeless" kenzie yelled back at her dad.

"get to your room right this instant" kenzie's dad screamed at her. she'd never been this angry before, it was all because her dads stupid rule.

"gladly"