TWENTY TWO!

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO:
EXPLANATION

harvey was awoken by a knock at his door. expecting it to be kenzie he got up and answered it.

it was his mom.

"i want to explain what happened" she told him, harvey nodded and let her in.

"fine"

they both sat down and his mom began to tell the story of why she had to give him up.

"it started when i was 16, i met this lovely man, he was 19" she explained.

"we were instantly in love, yet my parents didn't approve of the relationship"

"then when i was 17 he proposed to me"

"we got married and i accidentally fell pregnant" harvey's mom explained to him.

"i was 18 when i gave birth to twins" harvey listened "me and your father decided that we could not take care of both of you"

"we decided that we would keep one of you and give the other up to a loving family" she explained.

"so then how did i end up in a home" harvey asked, curiously.

"well, we started looking for a place to put you"

"so after two years of trying to find somewhere we eventually gave up, and the foster home took you" she smiled.

"from then on we had no contact, we didn't see each other or speak to each other"

"i just wanted to clear the air" she smiled again.

"i know things must have been tough but that was never our intention" she told me.

"well, i best be heading home" she smiled as she stood up.

"here" harvey's mom said as she stepped out the door.

she handed me $100 "woah" harvey said amazed at the amount of money in his hand.

"do something nice with it" she smiled. harvey nodded.

"bye then"