ONE!

CHAPTER ONE:
HIM

KENZIE WALKED BACK from her day out at the shops. she had been with her older brother but he'd went away with some girl and so she was left to walk home by herself. kenzie was a shy girl who loved music and books.

she read her book as she listened to her music just dancing along the street. not a care in the world. then...

bam.

she was struck to the ground and he book fell out of her hand. she took out her earbuds to apologise before she realised there was nobody there. she looked around confused as to what she bumped into.

"sorry, my fault" a bellowing, unfamiliar voice stated. she looked behind her and saw a boy. probably about her age picking up his belongings.

he stuffed them back into his bag. as he swung it around his shoulder, he picked up the book she was reading. he looked at the front and saw what she was reading.

"oh the ice cream girls, i heard that's supposed to be really good" he smiled and handed it back to the owner.

kenzie angrily grabbed the book and sighed. she wiped herself off and looked at the mysterious boy. "why did you bump into me" she asked sternly. "i didn't mean to" he apologised.

"i'm harvey... harvey mills" he smiled and put out his hand for her to shake. she was hesitant at first but stretched out her hand. they shook hands

"im kenzie... kenzie frost"

"nice to meet you kenzie" he smiled.

they exchanged smiles. "well again i'm sorry for being in your way but i must be going, i have to get home" she started walking away.

"oh" harvey sighed.

kenzie halted where she stood. "whats wrong" she asked him. he paused for a moment. "i just thought you'd be nicer"

kenzie was taken aback by the statement this stranger had just made. "and you assume i'm rude" she asked him.

he nodded.

"that's rude"

"no i can tell you why"

kenzie didn't have time to hear his explanation. "fine go on" but her curiosity got the best of her and she wanted to know.

he smirked a little. "well, your wearing airpods, which just screams 'i'm rich and my dads a lawyer'. you're reading but not really paying attention as your dancing and listening to music. which suggests you go to a private school, good grades but mommy always wanted better. i could tell you were a bit angry, so let me guess. you were here with your older brother but he went away with some girl. which means you need someone to talk to as your a pretty extroverted person, or at least your parents want you to be" he smirked.

"are you stalking me"

"never"

kenzie stood flabbergasted for a second. "how did you know that" she asked him, curiously. all of what he said was correct. even the part about her dad being a lawyer and the private education and even her brother leaving her.

"honey it's what i do"

then he took off. kenzie would never forget the name harvey mills. the boy who bumped into her and changed her life.