THIRTEEN!

CHAPTER THIRTEEN:
SIGNAL

with sammy's reassurance, harvey followed kenzie and her brother back to their house. harvey was terrified that there was going to be a repeat of last time.

when they arrived sammy was the first one to go in. "just wait for my signal" he whispered before walking in.

harvey and kenzie waited patiently, listening to sammy's everyword.

"hey dad, i wanted to talk to you a mom about something" sammy stated. "can you guys come into the back room" he asked. "fine but it better be quick" sammy's dad said.

that was the signal.

kenzie took harvey's hand and sneaked into the house. "hey i'm home" she yelled and led harvey up the stairs before anyone could say anything.

"you'll be safe here"

harvey was still worried that he was going to get caught but kenzie told him to trust her and he did.

they were both settled when sammy came into the room.

"here man, i thought you could use some"

sammy passed harvey a pair of pyjama trousers. harvey smiled. "go into the bathroom and try them on" kenzie told him. he nodded and walked into her en-suite bathroom.

"did you see his face" sammy asked kenzie.

"i didn't mention it but yes" kenzie said as she looked over at the bathroom. "i want to help i just don't know how" she said as harvey walked out of the bathroom.

he looked quite happy.

"they look great" kenzie smiled, he still had his top on. "do you not want to take off your top" sammy asked.

"no" harvey immediately said.

"it gets pretty hot in here at night" kenzie said. "i said no" harvey said a bit louder.

"okay chill" sammy said "night sis" sammy lightly kissed kenzie's forehead and left. harvey sat down on the bed.

"i'm sorry" kenzie apologised. "you can sleep in the bed if you want" kenzie offered.

"no, i'll sleep on the floor" harvey said slightly. "well if you're sure" kenzie said.

harvey curled up on the floor and kenzie gave him a blanket. "you'll be safe here" kenzie reassured him. "night harvey" kenzie said as she turned off the lights.

"night"