TWENTY SIX!

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX:
THE CAR

when kenzie arrived home that night she was super happy, that good mood soon disappeared.

"you were with that boy again weren't you" her dad asked her, anger was apparent in his voice.

kenzie nodded.

"there's really no way to get through to you" he sighed, he reached down beside the chair he was sitting on and grabbed a bag.

he took it over to kenzie and gave it to her.

"leave" her dad commanded.

kenzie nodded and left, the only place she could go was harvey's.

she knocked on the door and waited anxiously for the answer.

she looked around until she heard the door unlock.

kenzie turned around and was met by a very ill looking harvey "are you okay" he asked.

"are you" she questioned.

"i'll be fine"

kenzie explained everything about her dad and what had happened after she left.

"now what's wrong with you" she questioned again. harvey looked at her, dark bags around his eyes. "nothing, just don't feel well" he told her.

"god you really don't look well" she told him.

"maybe go get some rest"

harvey nodded and stood up "you can stay here by the way" he smiled at her.

kenzie smiled as she watched the boy walk down the hall to his bedroom.

kenzie sat back, wondering what harvey actually did here, there was no tv here and not much to actually do.

a lot of the time she'd never really spent much time in harvey's actual house, she'd picked him up and dropped him off a lot but never actually had to keep herself occupied.

kenzie went exploring around his house, finding different objects throughout the house. she headed out the back, there was not much there.

the grass was way overgrown and there was a shed, that was about it.

kenzie turned to go back inside when she saw a sheet over something, her curiosity got the best of her and she wanted to know what it was.

kenzie walked over and immediately pulled off the sheet, she looked at what she had just uncovered.

it was a car.