EIGHT!

CHAPTER EIGHT:
QUESTIONS

"okay first question" kenzie started. "who do you live with" she asked him. "my... um... foster mom" harvey started getting a little nervous. kenzie didn't see anything weird as she could remember harvey saying nobody ever asked him anything personal.

"oh, well where are your parents" kenzie asked him, harvey just shrugged. "never met them, gave me up for adoption when i was born" harvey said, looking down.

kenzie patted his back.

"i'm sorry"

"what school do you go to" she asked him, this was the part he didn't want to tell anyone, he'd never told anyone about him not going to school, not even his best friend.

"i... i um... don't"

kenzie was a bit taken aback by this, she'd maybe understand that he lived where he did. but she would have put money on him going to school, he was so smart. "why not"

"well" he started. "to be honest i'm not sure, i just" he stopped himself before saying anything else.

"what was it" kenzie asked.

"nothing" harvey quickly said. "tell me" kenzie kept repeating, trying to annoy harvey. "fine okay" he eventually gave up.

"i... i've never really went to school" he admitted. "what" kenzie almost shouted. "but, you're smart" kenzie told him, he shook his head. "i haven't been to school since i was 7, when i moved here" he said, he suddenly realised what he had said.

"what, where were you before here" she asked him. "i was in a home" he admitted. "oh, was it fun" kenzie asked, not really knowing how to word her question. harvey shrugged. "sure as shit beats here" he said, he panicked realising what he had just said.

"why, what's wrong here"

harvey paused. "nothing, i just don't like it" he said, he wasn't lying but he always wasn't telling the whole truth.

"so if you don't go to school, and you haven't since you were seven, does that mean you can't read or write" she asked him, harvey paused again, thinking about what he was telling her.

"i can" harvey started. "just not very well" he admitted. "so what about writing, do you have like messy 7 year old handwriting" she asked him, he shrugged. "i don't tend to write" he laughed a little.

kenzie stood up and grabbed harvey's hand. "come on, i'm going to teach you" she smiled, harvey sighed as he was dragged along back to kenzie's house.