Trapped No Longer

Three Months Later

Chase sat in front of his TV . . . . staring at the endless void of static. He's been waiting and watching it since Anti's sacrifice. Really he still couldn't believe it. What Anti had done for him.

A lot of guilt had set in once he finally came to terms with it. He hated it so much. Here Anti had gone through so much to survive and have his own body. . . . only to give it all up for him.

But Chase knew that Anti would come back eventually. It took years this last time but he couldn't help but remain hopeful. Anti was pretty stubborn, after all.

His brothers tried consoling him but it was almost like he had lost his kids all over again.

He told Stacey about Anti. Although she didn't know about him as a person, she understood his grieving and promised not to hold it against him on seeing the kids. Being able to see the kids, after all, was what kept him together.

Sean stayed around the house with him for the first few weeks but eventually had to go back home again. Unlike before, though, he tried his best to keep in touch.

"Come on, Anti" he pleaded, talking to the TV, "I know you're there somewhere. You have to be."

Just like the last few months, though, there was silence. Chase's eyes were a tad puffy from staring at the TV waiting for ANY sign Anti was back. Only to be disappointed every day.

He lost his job but that didn't matter to him anymore. He didn't have to worry about money at the moment anyways. Sean was taking care of it and promised that once Chase got on his feet again, he'd have a job waiting for him.

Chase was happy, don't get it wrong, but. . . . . he had other things on his mind.

It wasn't just Chase that had been hit hard by Anti's death though. Marvin was also worn by it along with the others. Jackie was taking it surprisingly hard. Here he had been so harsh with the glitch only for him to turn out being the true hero.

Suddenly Chase's phone rang, startling him out of his staring and making him flinch.

"Fuck" he reached for it and saw the caller ID. Rolling his eyes, he answered it, "Hey Hen. Yeah, I'm doing fine. You know you don't have to keep calling me every day."

The voice on the other end scoffed at him, "And YOU do not need to be vaiting on him every day! Yes, I know what you've been doing, Chase!"

Chase rolled his eyes but sighed, "I know, Hen. I can't help it though. I miss the bastard"

"He'll be back eventually Chase. Give it time"

"You know I can't"

"Yes, yes" he spoke dismissively, "Has Sean spoken to you today? Said he was coming down again tonight. The others discussed visiting as well if zhat was alright with you"

"Of course it is, Hen" Chase scratched at his beard, "I'd love to see everyone together again. . . . " he stopped himself, "I mean. . .you know"

Henrik sighed on the other end, "I know. I'll see you tonight, yeah?"

"Yep. See ya"

"And take a break from the TV! Rest your eyes!" he promptly hung up before Chase could argue with him.

After putting his phone away, Chase groaned and looked at the TV again, "Fooking brat. You better not keep me waiting too long" he stretched and started cleaning up the place to save being nagged at.

A few hours later, the others arrived to his home and Sean ordered out dinner for them all. Evelien chose to stay back home to give them time to themselves.