Chapter 4 - Friends?

"Please do not leave the designated play area." Mrs. Beakley tossed a bag of marbles to the nephews. "A gift from your great uncle. You will return them upon your departure. He's counted them." As she left she locked the door.

Meanwhile in Scrooge's office, Scrooge himself had no words to say. His eyesight was blurry from the tears that spilled out.

"So our son and daughter are still... Alive?!" Aria nodded sadly.

"But I can not ever tell you who or where they are. I made a promise 11 years ago, and I'm not going to break it now. Besides, our children are in the best hands anyway. Scrooge, " Aria told him as she hugged him. "Please don't be mad at me. Knowing who they are might blow your mind, as well as theirs. And I don't want either of you to get hurt."

"I see." Was all Scrooge had to say. Aria bowed her head as she left the room. As she entered her own next to her sister Bentina, she sighed deeply.

"I wish I could tell you, Scrooge. I really do.... This is all my fault."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yes! Nailed it!" Dewey cried out in triumph.

"Wow, I can't believe that was your best plan."

"Come on guys, let's touch some expensive stuff." Suddenly a rope came out of nowhere and captured Dewey.

"DEWEY!" The other two yelled out. A second later they were caught as well.

"I'll put the marbles back I swear!" Dewey cried in fear.

"Who sent you?!" A voice in the darkness questioned them. "Ma Beagle? Glomgold? ANSWER ME!"

"UNCLE SCROOGE!" Louie yelled.

"Uncle Scrooge?! OH MY GOSH! The nephews!" There was clapping, and a light turned on to reveal a purple dressed young female duck.

"Wait, you know us?" Louie asked as the girl cut them down.

"Of course! Researching Mr. McDuck and his family is kind of my hobby."

"Wha?"

"What are your hobbies? What is your blood type? What is Donald really like? Who is the evil triplet?"

"Louie." Huey and Dewey said in unison.

"Eh." Louie responded in agreement.

"Tell me everything!" Webby squealed in delight as she took a picture of the triplets.

"Um, we live with our Uncle."

"On a boat."

"Go on, " Webby encouraged them.

"Kinda it. We're just a normal, boring family, " Huey told her.

"Normal? Boring? Hah!" Webby laughed as she kicked a volleyball over their heads and revealed her board of her findings on Scrooge McDuck.

"Wow!" The triplets gasped at her masterpiece.

"Huey, Dewey, and Louie Duck. Scrooge McDuck's great nephews on his sister Hortense's side with Quackmore Duck twice removed! It's still missing the youngest children of Scrooge McDuck. I've work so hard to find evidence, but nothing has turned up! Just mentions of two eggs. Nothing more."

"And you are?"

"Oh, right!" Webby laughed nervously. "Webby Vanderquack. My Granny is the housekeeper. Oh, and my Great Aunt Aria is somewhat girlfriend to Scrooge... Everytime I try to talk to Granny about it she always changes the subject. WAIT!" Webby turned to look at the three ducklings.

"Are we friends now?"

"If we say yes, will you let us live?" Huey asked.

"Pfft! Good one new best friend! Hey Will!"

"What is it now, Webs?" A young male duck who looked like a duplicate of Webby walked in. He wore a yellow short-sleeved t- shirt and sunglasses on his head. He looked up from his phone.

"These are the nephews, our new best friends."

"Hi. Don't you dare think about hurting my sister, or you'll be the one begging for mercy!" William threatened them.

"Will! Calm down! No one is going to hurt anybody!" Webby reprimanded him.

"Fine. Anything for you little sis!" William said fondly.

"But...we're twins, Will!" Webby told him confusedly.

"Yeah, I know."