Chapter 9 - Dragons (Part 2)

William wrapped his arms around his mother's dragon neck,  and held on tightly as she took to the air.

"Now where-"

"There!  There's Dad and Pixu!  Going right through those buildings!" Aria caught sight of the gold hunting dragon that had her Scrooge. She gave a loud dragon roar,  and sped off in that direction with William holding on for dear life.

"It'll take more than a bruised spine...to shake off Scrooge.... ye bad... Dragon dog!" The dragon stopped at the top of a tall building,  and Scrooge nearly fell. Pixu let go of the building,  preparing to launch himself at Scrooge's money bin, when another growling dragon cut him off.

"Dad!  We're here. Ahhh!" William himself nearly slipped off the white female dragon he was riding.

"William! Wait.. I'm not your AHHHHHH!" Scrooge cried as Pixu cut around Aria. With another growl Aria followed in quick pursuit. Before she could reach him,  Scrooge had tried to stop Pixu,  and put his cane in the male dragon's mouth.

"Take that!" Pixu launched him away,  and Aria changed course immediately for Scrooge. She missed him the first time as he fell onto the plane Launchpad was driving. The back was open and as he fell again she gave him a push inside with her nose and William took the chance to hop in as well. With no passengers to look after,  Aria headed straight for Pixu, who had continued his way to Scrooge's money bin.

"Will!  You made it!" Webby exclaimed as she hugged her twin.

"I thought I told you to go to your rooms!"

"No time!" Dewey butted in. "We gotta work fast!  Webby, how do we stop it?"

"It's mystical, so we need a mystical device-" Webby started.

"Like an oblivion mirror-" Will continued his twin sister's thought.

"Or a Medusa gauntlet..."

"Like this?!" Louie asked holding the mystic glove.

"Hmmmm!"

"What?!  I was gonna give it back!" Louie protested as he handed it to Scrooge.

"Now how do we get him down there?" Dewey asked.

"Garden hose of Destiny!"

"But what about the other one? I've got two dragons after me gold!"

"Actually I think it's just the one!" Webby corrected. "See how the white dragon is attacking Pixu, and trying to push him away!"

"Plus, she did help you  and William to get in the plane, " Huey noted.

"She's Aria!" William finally exploded.

"What?!"

"Oh come on!  Why do you think she disappeared so quickly, and right after that another dragon just so happens to show up, trying to protect Scrooge and fight off Pixu?!"

"We'll  get back to that!  Launchpad!  We need to swing him out! Nose dive towards the bin and pull up!"

"Yes sir,  random kid I just met!" As Launchpad turned the plane towards the money bin,  Aria had somehow managed to get in front of Pixu, and had accidentally fallen into the hole he had made in the top. Since she couldn't pull him out, she decided to block his way instead. The boys swung Scrooge out and he grabbed Pixu's tail, slowly turning the gold hunting dragon back into stone. Aria put her back to the wall waiting patiently for her lover, for at this point she knew he would be safe. As he fell,  Scrooge dived into the gold,  and Aria didn't move until he popped his head back out. Aria through her head back and gave a victory roar,  before diving head first into the gold. Scrooge looked up with slight terror, until Aria popped out in her duck form next to him.

"Scrooge! We did it!" She yelled hugging him.

"Ahhh!  Scrooge cried,  a bit startled at her appearance.

"Sorry I scared you darling,  but I couldn't let Pixu do that to you!"

"So you WERE the white dragon!" Scrooge exclaimed.

"Umm.... Yes.... ?! Please don't be mad at me!" Aria turned away. Scrooge grabbed her and kissed her.

"I couldn't be mad at you. Never have I ever been more pleasantly surprised." Shortly after he spoke those words,  than the plane Launchpad was driving crashed into the ground and burst into flames.

"The kids!"