Chapter 13- Painful Memories

In Aria's dream-

"Oliver! You come back here with your father's hat this instant!" A younger Aria chased after a 5 year old giggling male duckling who clutched a black top hat tightly in his hands.

"Catch me, Mama!" The duckling cried out laughing. A young adult looking Scrooge came out of the study, looking for his lover.

"Aria, have you seen-" Oliver raced passed the Scottish duck, still carrying the hat.

"Oh." He joined in the chase, a determined look in his eyes. "So the wee one decided to steal me hat, eh? Well then, we'll just have to get it back!" Oliver giggled as he quickly ducked into the library.

"Cousin Della, you got to help me! Mommy and Daddy are after me!" Oliver held up the top hat he snuck from his father.

"Oi, Ari! I found him!"

"Already ahead of you, sugar!" Aria spoke as she playfully tackled him, Della, and Oliver.

"Hey!" Scrooge cried out, pretending to be upset that she caught him. His big grin gave him away, as he couldn't help the overwhelming joy in his heart.

The scene changed.

"Gone. My baby is gone!"

Scrooge McDuck stood next to a devastated Aria, and a worried Bentina Beakley. The slender female duck clutched at her aching chest, her heart beat thumping like no tommorow,  and quickly growing faster.

"No!" Aria wailed, tears flowing in waves,  her heart breaking into thousands of tiny pieces. She buried her head into Scrooge's chest.

"I told you he shouldn't have gone alone! He was too young!" Scrooge hugged the female duck tightly, his own tears mixing with hers.

"He said he wanted to do this. 'To prove his worth'." Aria looked up at her lover and sister.

"He never needed to. From the moment he hatched, I already knew he was destined for greatness."