Chapter 12- Family Road Trip

"So how come Granny... How come we were never told about you being... my Mom?" William asked the older female duck. Aria sighed once more.

"My sister and I made a promise to each other, that we would never speak of certain things. We both knew how much damage pain can inflict upon us, our family, and friends." Aria spoke quietly, thinking back to a more simpler time. "I have secrets nobody knows, not even my sister. And Scrooge would never see it coming of who I truly am." William looked up at his mother, still a bit lost. "Sometimes people keep secrets to protect those they love the most." William nodded, understanding where she was coming from. He'd do anything to keep his wild twin sister safe. He walked back to talk to Huey and Louie.

Water suddenly flooded in about 5 inches deep, and Dewey excitedly slid down the ladder. A drenched unhappy Scrooge followed shortly after. Aria giggled as she watched water pour out of his hat onto his head as he lifted it, a small scowl present on his face.

"Talk to your Uncle, " Scrooge instructed to Louie, who had gone with Webby to man the water pump.

"A bit too energetic for you, lover boy? " Aria teased him. Scrooge smiled warmly at the woman who stole his heart.

"Eh, it's nothing I can't handle. Especially with your help, Ari. As long as I have you, what could possible go wrong?" He kissed her cheek lovingly, causing her to blush deeply.

"You're such a hopeless flirt sometimes!" Aria laughed lightly as they walked towards the front of the sub. "By the way, remind me again why were taking this thing and not Victoria's Comet?"

"You'd really let me take her out on an adventure? Your beloved submarine?" Scrooge asked in astonishment. "No, that can't be right. As I recall, the last time I tried that, I almost got electrocuted when you made me sit on top of the sub for 7 hours. 7 hours!" Scrooge complained. "And in the foggiest, most dangerous part of the ocean!"

"That's because you nearly sunk my beautiful baby!" Aria retorted, playfully glaring at him. "The instruments are highly sophisticated and I did the wiring myself. Heck, I even built her from scratch in the winter of 1622!" The pair stood next to Launchpad, who was currently driving the sub. Aria's hand gently reached for his, and the lovestruck trillionaire squeezed it tight.

"Ah!" Scrooge inwardly sighed happily, looking at Aria with a dreamy look in his eyes.

"At least the kids are getting along

"At least the kids are getting along." Aria noted lightly. Scrooge shook his head in agreement before turning his attention to Launchpad.

"So, Launchpad. Have you ever piloted a sub before?"

"I sunk a helicopter in a wave pool once. Same thing?" Scrooge rolled his eyes at the ditzy male duck's response.

"Eh. I've done more with less." Scrooge let go of Aria's hand as excitement over took him. "No matter. I'm back!
Uncharted territory, bold new discoveries-" He was quickly interrupted by Huey.

"Travel Bingo!" He shouted out loud. "I love road trips!" William grimaced. Not exactly his favorite game in the world. Reminded him too much of old people, and he was only 10 and a half! "I got snacks, a playlist of traditional sea shanty's, matching family road trips shirts!" Huey shoved a red shirt onto Scrooge.

"Yeah, I appreciate the enthusiasm. But there's no time." The older male duck pulled the shirt off, and threw it away from him. Aria caught it, and put it on herself. No use wasting a good shirt. And now it smelled like her favorite duck in the world.

"BuT according to the travel itinerary-" Huey tried to protest. Dewey had already had enough of his brother's lists, and grabbed it from him, ripping it into shreds.

"Boooo!" Dewey hopped over the seat to stand next to Huey. "Adventure isn't about planning. It's about doing." As Dewey went to talk to Uncle Scrooge, Aria walked to take a seat near the back, and closed her eyes. She knew it would be a long trip. 5 minutes later, she started to drift off to sleep, and she could feel the older male duck's warmth as he hugged her, and pulled her up into his lap.

"I love you Aria. Sweet dreams, " Scrooge whispered quietly. Aria hummed softly in response, before entering a dreamless sleep full of memories.