Chapter 10- Field Trip!

The two older ducks scrambled out of the money bin to check on the kids. Fortunately,  none of them got hurt. All 5 ducklings sat in a nervous row on a log bench. Scrooge started to pace back and forth. 

"In the short time I've known you, you've wrecked my home, and my money bin. Unleashed several ancient evils and almost got me killed...twice!"

"Four times if you count each monster as an individual time. Uh oh!" Huey went quiet as he realized his statement wasn't helping at all. Suddenly Scrooge began to laugh. 

"That was incredible! When you helped pull me into the airplane and said 'No time!' And who would have thought of a Medusa's gauntlet? Brilliant! And you flung me out and pulled up just in time, and oh ha-ha-ha!" Scrooge happily praised the younglings. "You kids are nothing but trouble!  Curse me kilts, have I missed trouble! I suppose I'll have to keep an eye on you to teach ya how to get into trouble properly."

"You mean?!" Dewey exclaimed happily. Scrooge flipped opened his phone and dialed his housekeeper.

"Beakley. Clear my schedule. I'm taking the wee ones on a field trip!"

"About time. And once again I am not your- " Just as Scrooge was about to close his phone on her,  Aria took it from him and kissed him firmly on his duckbill. A deep blush rose on the older male duck.

"No worries sis. I've got you covered. Except this handsome duck is getting more than he ever bargained for. Bye Tina!" She closed the phone and handed it back to him.

"More than I ever bargained for, eh?" Scrooge asked as he nudged her. Aria giggled, happy to have most of her family back together.

"You'll just have to wait and see!"