27 Choice

Marie's POV

"Why are you so afraid of having a real relationship with him?" Zayn asks sitting beside me on the couch as I tell him about what happened between Liam and I. His question hits me so hard specially when the airport scene in the movie "Love rosie" is on the television. This airport scene in the movie kills me when Rosie found out she's pregnant and can't go to boston with Alex. It's absolutely obvious they like each other then why not try to be together?

I slap myself for even of comparing my situation with Liam. My heart hurts so much causing me to sob again. I'm not sure if I'm sobbing because of the movie or because of Liam.

"Why did you do that?" Zayn asks laughing shaking his head.

"I don't wanna lose him." I admit ignoring him laughing at me for slapping myself.

"You do know you just did right?" He asks causing my head to snap at him.

No of course I didn't... did I? I left him in the hotel because... because I don't want to lose our friendship.

"No of course I didn't. We agreed to be Friends because so much could happen if we'd be more than that" I explain. I don't know why I'm even telling Zayn about this but I have a feeling he could help me with my situation right now.

Zayn shakes his head in disbelief.

"What?"

"Stop being a coward. Go for it before it's too late. We both know you have feelings for him you just didn't realize you have until you kissed him. You know, when I was still dating your sister I was scared to lose her too. A part of me knows that we'll probably never be together until our last breath because she's against marriage. But, I did everything I can to change that. I proved to her that were different. Sometimes we just have to give it a try before you actually say for sure that it's wrong. If you truly love that person, don't let him go. You'd be in a lot of pain when he'll be with someone else because you were being coward. Look at me, I did my very best to prove that I am good for your sister. I got the chance that I was always praying for. I can't bear to even think losing her. You just have to do the right thing. They say take the risk or lose the chance. Anyway our story is way different from yours but think about it." he smiles in the end taking a deep breath. I'm speechless with his story. We never actually has this kind of conversation before because I treat Zayn like my brother already for I always wanted one like Amber and Jules.

I look away from Zayn to think properly while he shrugs his shoulders giving me time to properly process the words he just said.

It's not easy to just take the risk just not to lose the chance. Taking a risk is like putting your life in danger. Liam's part of my life and if I tell him I love him not just a friend, he could not feel the same anymore. Yes, I'm a coward but I'm just making sure that I won't make the situation even worst. But losing the chance is the most painful thing you could ever feel when the time comes and you will see the love of your life with someone else. Then you thought to yourself that, that should have been me. But, you already had the chance and you chose to let it go.

"Zayn" I sob wiping my tears away. I didn't notice I was already crying just by thinking of Liam.

"Finally" he lets out a breath before retrieving his car key from his pocket. "I thought that would take forever" he smiles and puts the key on my hand.