1.The Beginning

Janelle POV

I look at him before slowly picking up my backpack, my heart slowly breaking as I do.

Enigma: You knew this would never work, the creator had no plan for you to be happy. Your job was to only cause mayhem and destruction, you know no one can love you because no one can truly love something so vicious, you never do things out of the goodness of your heart, you do it because you simply want to or because they think it's right. So no that's not your heart breaking, that's your true self slowly coming forth all the peaceful crap you were force fed quickly deteriorating. Accept it. Embrace it.

I shake my head and grab my bag from the ground, Rogue was right, she's psychotic bitch. But why does it feel so normal?

Enigma:Because it's the true you, not the Janelle they forced you to be, if you never met Khalil you wouldn't even be here. Philky wouldn't even know you, It's all his fault, he gave us superficial hope just for the world to snatch it away and call it God's plan!

I should have never spoken to him in elementary school. All of this is his fault.

🖤8 Year Old Janelle 🖤

"I don't want to go to school! It's boring!" My mom sighs and Jenn giggles.

"School just started Janelle, you'll be fine. Before you know it the year will end and you'll never want to leave." It hasn't been like that, and can't nothing change my mind for a second, I watch as we end up in the drop off line and mom tells us she loves us and she'll see us soon speech, me and Jen get out and walk inside, due to us being twins or even related we aren't in the same classes, which sucks. We hug before going into our right classes. I look around and sigh, same students different classes. I look for my name tag and find it towards the back of the class, not really complaining. I see a name next to mines. Khalil Payne, who'd make their last name Payne?

I see a big headed kid scramble inside and look around until he finds his name, he looks at me then sits down, I watch as the teacher looks around at us before speaking.

~

As we work I feel eyes on me, I look over and see the boy, does he have a staring problem? I shake my head and continue on my work.

Ms. Howard:Okay now let's go over the questions with the person sitting next to us. Go ahead.

I look at him but he's already looking at me, I sigh and scoot my desk over and I look at my paper.

Me:I'm Janelle, you?

Boy:Khalil, did you understand number nine? I was stuck, but I got the other ones.

I frown and look at my paper, this is a questionnaire about us. I look at the question.

What should we know about you that makes you, you?

I look at my answer.

Me:Well, I put that I love to read and it makes me quiet, but I love to play sports. My dad calls me a introverted Athlete... What's something that you like to do when you can be yourself?