1st Day

"Ya." Nadech gently taps Yaya's shoulder for the fourth time. He didn't want to startle her, so he tried his best to be careful and to be gentle as possible.

He knew how much she valued her sleep. So it's always a struggle for him to have to wake her up. But today was a rather special day for the both of them and he didn't want her to miss any bit of it.

He knew that she knew, even though how much she loved sleep she would have regretted to miss even just a single amount of what today brought.

At the fifth gentle tap, Yaya finally starts to wake up. She squirms on the bed, stretching her arms as she opens her eyes.

"Morning." Nadech props his elbow on the pillow, his head on his hand.

Yaya, buried on the pillow, smiles. The sight of her husband in the morning always brought her the sunshine she needed to endure the struggles of the morning. 

"Morning." He leans in to press a kiss on her lips, his smile brightening up the day than it already is. The sunlight seeping through the window was no match to the light he brought to her. 

He runs his hand through her hair, his gentle touches enveloping her heart with so much warmth. 

"Isn't it a little too early?" She says, laying flat on her back, pouting at him. Nadech chuckles and smiles at his wife. A beauty in the morning. 

"It's the first day of school." She turns her head to Nadech, staring at him for a second before she jolts up, practically jumping out of the bed. 

He knew what her reaction would be, so he leans back on the bed and chuckles as he watches her scrambling to get her slippers on, her hair still disheveled. 

He shields his face when he sees the pillow flying towards him. "Why didn't you tell me earlier!" She hits him with another pillow, making him chuckle. He genuinely did love how fast her moods shifts in the morning. 

He grins as he follows her to the room right in front of theirs.

"Good morning, sweetie." Yaya's voice was soft when she enters the room. Nadech follows her, his face brightening up as he eyes the pale skinned little girl who was watering the potted plant she had in her room. 

She strutted in her white night dress which was too big on her that it reached her ankles. She smiles at the sight of her parents, showcasing her perfect white teeth, with one front tooth missing. Her long straight brown hair, resembled her mother's disheveled hair. 

"Good morning!" She gently rests the pink watering can on the floor, running towards Yaya, engulfing her in a joyful hug. He took pride in the fact that his daughter was a morning person like him. 

"Morning, sweetie." Nadech beams at his beautiful creation. He makes a funny face, sending the four year old into soft giggles. 

"Hmm, looks like you weren't exactly asleep after I tucked you in last night." Nadech uses a teasing tone as he gently rubs the remnants of orange paint on her daughter's face. 

"It was just a for a bit." She says, using her best smile to persuade her father. At a young age, she sure knew how to wrap her dad around her small little fingers. She squirms in her mother's arms, making Yaya put her down. 

She runs to her table, taking a piece of paper and shows it to her parents. 

"I painted the sun so it would come back faster!" She smiles with pride as she showed her artwork. 

Yaya only smile, turning to her husband who was basically under a spell casted by her daughter. It made her heart happy knowing her daughter took after her love for the arts. And of course, her father's wit. She got that for sure.