#Achilong: Two

20 hours. 37 minutes. 42 seconds.

That's how long Dr. Pimmada Aditchwej has been on call. Four surgeries, eleven consultations and seven emergency room fiascos. She's been working since yesterday and it's already eight in the morning the next day. She can't even remember what sleep felt like at this point.

To say she was tired would be a complete understatement.

Her head was pounding, her shoulders we're heavy and the soles on her feet are so numb she couldn't feel them anymore.

Ever since she was young, she always wanted to be a doctor. Growing up with both parents in the medical field, it has always become a mission for herself to live up to the standards they've both set.

Not only that, she always grew up with a sense if urgency. A sense of always wanting to help, always wanting to show her care. Especially since she grew up taking care of her mom whenever she was in her drug dazed state while her dad practically lived in the hospital, away from all of them.

She massages the bridge of her nose as she walks down the hall. She's internally promising to get herself two cups of coffee, and a box of donuts along with it. 

"Please tell me there are no more patients asking for me." She says, slumping her upper body on the counter of the nurse's station. Being the owner of the hospital, she basked in the privilege of getting away of occasional moments like this.

"Nope. All cleared." The nurse says, smiling at the battered doctor's state.

She releases a satisfied grunt as she momentarily closes her eyes, savoring the fact she was finally off duty. 

"You look like you need a break." She bolts up at the sound of the familiar voice from behind her. She turns around only to see an amused looking Achira. Her eyes widen at the sight of him, suddenly finding herself conscious at the way she looks.  

She lowkey straightens her coat and attempts to fix her disheveled hair. She suddenly becomes curious if she's looking like an actual zombie right now, sure enough that her eye bags were bigger than ever. She pins her hair behind her ears before she furrows her eyebrows when she realizes that Achira was once again back in the hospital.

"What are you doing here? Don't tell me you'r---" He cuts her off when he raises a piece of paper in front of her face. "Chill. I picked up Lawyer Aroon's prescription."  He neatly folds the paper and carefully inserts it inside one of his coat pockets. 

"Why? What's wrong with him?" Curious of the old man's well being. She only met the man a few times but she always felt a strong connection with him. It's odd, she knows, but she feels like he has a pull on her. It's not like an attraction kind of pull, more of like a father figure bond. Maybe it's because she wasn't really that close with her dad, that's why she's getting drawn to others.

"Well," He shrugs his shoulders and slips his hands inside his pockets. "He's old." He says it like it's the most obvious thing in the world. She rolls her eyes and gives him a sharp look as she huffs a breath. 

He raises his hands as he backs away. "Whoops, you're blowing steam out of your nose again." He says, making her take a vicious step towards him, as usual getting annoyed by him. He lets out a short giggle and waves his hand, turning around. "Nice seeing you again." He says as he walks down the hall. "I wish I can say the same." She retorts, earning another wave of the hand as he continued walking. 

She chuckles to herself and shakes her head, surrendering a chart to the nurse's desk before she makes her way down the hall, just a little behind Achira as he continues to walk straight towards the hospital's entrance.