Happy Anniversary. . . . Daddy?

Ringing.

That is the only sound I could hear, the ringing in my ears.

My fingers tremble uncontrollably as I try to catch my breath, the top of my throat stinging from the painful lump that was so hard to swallow. My knees were wobbling, losing its strength as I walk closer.

I pressed my hands against the sink to support my fleeting balance, a soft cry escaping my mouth as I hang my head low only to see the results clearer this time. Slowly, with my shaking fingers, I pick the white plastic rectangular device.

Another breath escapes my lips, accompanied by my tears. I cover my mouth with my hand as I bring it closer to my face, only to come face to face with the two bright red lines that flashed in the pregnancy test. Three other tests were laying on the counter, all containing the same results.

I am pregnant.

There's no doubt.

I let out a heavy breath as I put it back on the counter with the others. I once again grip the sides of the sink, hanging my head low to stabilize my breathing. My heart was banging so hard against my chest, my entire body covered in cold sweat and goosebumps.

I bite my bottom lip, bringing my head up to look at myself in the middle. The tear stains on my cheeks were dry now. I turn the faucet on, filling my hand with water to wash my face. As I pat it dry with a towel, I look at myself again.

Good thing I had those pregnancy tests. I got them in Norway, secretly buying them in one of the shops after we got married in our private ceremony. I didn't know why I did it though, at the moment it seemed like an impulsive decision, but now, I knew it was for this day.

The universe devised a very good plan, and now it's unfolding.

A breath escapes from my lips, and then a small smile.

My heart hasn't slowed down, the tremble in my limbs as well. But now, my face had a wide smile. I shake my head as I chuckle, another wave of tears streaming down my face. Like the tears that I had a while ago, they were tears of happiness and shock, but this time it was more of happiness, now that I've wrapped my head around the fact.

My eyes drift to my stomach, unconsciously bringing my hand to press against it. I look up to watch myself in the mirror.

"I knew it."

I bite my lip, another smile forcing it's way out.

I walk out of the bathroom and into the room. I pace back and forth, failing to notice that my hand was still against my stomach. I bite the back of my index finger, stopping by the floor to ceiling window.

"I knew it!"

I walk over to the middle of the room, sliding to the floor and leaning my back against the side of the soft bed. I bring my knees to my chest, resting my forehead on top as I try to rid of the overwhelm that was taking over.

I knew it!

I keep on repeating on my mind.

I've felt a little under the weather for a few weeks, but I never told Nadech because I didn't want him to worry. He already had so much on his plate, especially with what happened to papa. Good thing all is okay now.

But I had an inkling. I thought about it once or thrice, but I always disregarded it.

I realized I haven't gotten my shot for a few months since it was quarantine and heck, my husband just couldn't leave me alone at night, can he?

But I can't say I didn't like it.

But the vomiting in the morning was not from bad food, as mommy predicted. The fatigue, the sluggishness. And there wasn't an hour that would pass without me aggressively looking for food. I've been so bloated and heavy and. . . . damn! Why haven't I noticed? I didn't get my period last month, and I was supposed to have it a few days ago. I'm late, and the test just puts more justification.