Live

It was a normal Saturday night at the Sperbund-Kugimiya household.

Yaya was making dinner while Nadech was trying to be of help, both of them giving each other a hand in the kitchen. Both of them had just arrived home from filming a while ago.

Nadech was first to finish with the first lakorn he was directing. He picked up their three-year-old daughter from his mom's house after work. He had texted Yaya he's got her so she'd know.

That was their routine when both of them were working on that day. They would leave together and send their daughter to one of the mother's house. Today was Mae Keaw's turn. Whoever finished working first picked up the child and would text the other. It had been their normal for a while now and they've gotten much too used to it by now.

Yaya arrived home just fifteen minutes after Nadech arrived with their daughter. She was immediately welcomed by her little girl, running towards her with an excited squeal. She picks her up and smothers her with kisses, always hungry for her natural baby scent and joyful laughter.

Nadech joined in shortly, engulfing his little family in a tight hug. It was what he looked forward to every single day, to come home to his little family. It's what Yaya anticipates daily too.

It was just the three of them in their big house on the outskirts of the city. Away from the prying eyes, away from the busy streets. It offered them tranquility, privacy, and solitude.

They didn't really want to get a nanny. It's not that they don't trust anyone else, but as if the moment they enjoyed having each other to themselves without anyone else. When their baby was born, they might have considered it, but they both took time off work to adjust.

Yaya didn't go back to work until her daughter was a year old, and Nadech made sure Yaya was capable of being alone with the baby before he went back. It was a perk to have their families close by, they were by the door after just one phone call.

They have to admit, it was hard doing everything on their own. But they enjoyed every experience. The late-night crying, the fevers, the vomit. All of it. They enjoyed first with each other. First steps, first words.

It became more special without anyone else.

And they grew. A lot. Yaya developed her natural maternal instincts, more caring than ever, more gentle. She developed the sense of being responsible for another life other than her plants. Nadech learned to be more patient than he already is, more gentle, softer.

Nadech giggled as he looked over his daughter who was sprawled over the ottoman. She had her mom's phone in her hands, humming, singing, talking as if she had someone on the other line.

That was the advantage of their open floor plan house. You could overlook everything wherever you stand. It was easier to keep an eye on their mischievous girl.

The white marble tiles complemented their white walls and furniture along with their wooden panel accents. Their plants were perfectly organized in the right places, giving the house it's light tropical and fresh feel.

"She has your phone again." Nadech chuckles, taking the bowl from Yaya to transfer the soup they were making. It's delicious smell filled the house.

Yaya looks over to her mini-me and smiles.

"She likes to talk to her imaginary friends." She eyes Nadech and they both share a laugh.

After setting the table, Nadech goes back to the kitchen to see if there's anything else he'd be of help. He slowly walks over to Yaya and wraps his arms around her waist. He places his chin over her shoulder, swaying her around to the rhythm of the jazz music that played in the background.