Chapter 1 |the past|

"CHRIS!" I whined out in front of his family's house. It's too hot out to wait around. His parents were away for a few days and asked me to wrangle him to school. Which we were late for. Liam opened the door.

"Hey (Y/n). Chirs is still asleep." I groaned as he stepped aside knowing I'd stomp into the house.

"Chris, get your sorry ass out of bed you lazy bastard!" Shouting this while slamming my fist against his door. Not hearing a response I groaned opening the door following by smashing a pillow into his face. "Chris wake up!" His body rolled over hitting me weakly with the pillow he was leaning on moments before.

....

I chuckled at the memory sipping on my tea while reading a new novel I'd gotten my hands on. The cutioned chair I was on warmed me on the chilly balcony of my apartment. It was getting chilly in Melbourne over the past few days although weather changes fast around here. A sudden ring of my phone echoed and tapping my air pod it answered.

"(Y/n) freelance designer speaking. How may I help you?" I heard a snort on the other line and I smiled to myself.

"Such a professional line. I should do something like that. Taika Waititi professional in making a fool of himself." I laughed into the mic shutting the book I'd been reading standing up from the soft chair. Sliding open the balcony door the heated dining room warmed my ankles exposed compared to the rest of my rugged up body.

"Sorry, I didn't look at the caller ID. What's up?" I'd met Taika when I helped with costumes in a smaller film he had made a few years back. We've kept in contact but I always make sure of that with directors and such.

"Other than the wonderful blue sky above me... No Uh, Chris. I want to surprise him. Elsa mentioned you'd finished up with your work in Melbourne." Chris... It had been a while since we chat, with him acting all the time and me working with clients we sometimes find it hard to catch up.

"Just finished yesterday. One of my London branches says there's a potential client. I was planning on heading up in the next month but I'd happily postpone that for a bit." I said shutting the door with my foot walking to the kitchen to drain the tea.

"Wonderful. Book a flight. I'll pay for that and come in by Friday. Make it dramatic." I snorted once more almost having a laughing fit.

....

I arrived at the set

I arrived at the set. It was outside so the breeze was lovely not like the cold air down in Melbourne at the moment. Not being fully sure what he meant by dramatic I'd sent through a song for him to play. Noting to him that I was here and where I should be I trotted up towards the outer area where all the actor's trailers were after a few moments of wandering around towards the main building a lady walked out.

"Hi hi I'm here to show you the way in and here's your pass. It'll get you around the locked doors." the lanyard had a funny little drawing on it. Cirtisy of Tiaka I presume and my face on it.