Chapter Six: Broomsticks and Mints

What's Hot 396!!! That's the highest I've been on the list. Let's see if we can make it to 100.

Chapter Six: Broomsticks and Mints

James sat next to Emma and across from Aly at lunch. "At least we get to learn how to ride broomsticks!" Emma said happily, "But you know how to ride one, right?"

James nodded because his mouth was full of bread.

"Cool. I've never been on a broom myself. Are they easy to fly? I'm a bit nervous because I don't want to get hurt if I fall, you know, missing class would be bad."

James silently agreed about missing class-he didn't dare say it out loud, mostly because Aly was right there.

"James, are brooms easy to fly?" Emma asked, not letting the question drop.

James swallowed and said to her, "It really just depends on the person. The first time I got on a broom, it was easy. The first time Aly got on a broom it was horrible."

"Hey! I was six! I had my reasons! Besides, I'm better than you now, you know."

~_-_-_-_-_~

Gryffindor and Ravenclaw would be learning first, then Slytherin and Hufflepuff.

"Okay!" Madam Hooch said, looking around all of the students. "You will simply say up until the broom is in your hand."

There was a chorus of "UP!"'s.

"UP!" James said, looking at the old broom, probably not even in the correct condition to fly. The broom flew into his hand and he smirked at Emily, who was on her fifth try.

"How did you do that?" she asked.

"I've been on a broom before, it's easy."

"Well so have I! And I'm quite good at it! So I don't understand-!"

"Don't yell at me!" James said.

"I wasn't yelling!"

"Okay! I see everyone has their brooms in hand. How about we get started? Mount your brooms and go up to that point. Then come back down."

Everyone did as they were told. Lessons, for James, at least, went by too fast.

~_-_-_-_-_~

James sat down on his bed after classes that day and looked down at the letter he had meant to send to Rose. He stood up and began to walk towards the door when he noticed something on his bed.

A small little package with a golden wrap sat there. He set the letter back on his bedside table and sat down. Slowly undoing the little golden ribbon plastered around. He took off the wrapping next to reveal a little mint with the colors of each house colors: yellow, blue, green, and scarlet.