Chapter Seven: The Owlery

Thank you for all of the votes and comments-- and keeping this fan fiction on the What's Hot List! I really want to reach at least 50, which is a huge goal, but you acn help by commenting, voting, liking on Facebook, and tweeting. Thanks again!

Chapter Seven

The Owlery

James stared at the mint, completely confused. He looked through the wrappings, but found nothing within it to show who it was from. He set it down on his bedside table, reaching for his bag when he saw the letter he'd written to Rose still sitting there. He looked out the window. The sun was still high in the sky so he'd definatly be back by curfew.

He ran out and somehow managed to get to the owlery without getting lost. He looked around for Ace, his owl. "Ace!" he called, "Ace?"

The owl flew from the ceiling and at James, nearly knocking him off of his feet. "Ace, I need you to take this to Rose," he said, tying the letter around his tiny leg. Don't come back without a reply." With that, the owl set off threw the window.

James turned to walk out when he saw a transparent woman wearing a long flowy dress. It touched the floor, though she was hovering over it by about three feet. "James Potter?" Her voice was dead sounding, mono-tone.

"Y-yes?"

Suddenly, she began to make strange noises. Almost as if she had been stabbed. Screaming.

"Are- are you alright?" James asked, shaking.

"No," the woman said in a raspy voice. "I need your help to stop this."

"My help? I'm only-!"

"Age does not matter to me, James Potter. You will help me at any cost. I am in danger and you alone are the only one who can stop it."

James stared at her. She had long straight hair that fell to he waist and glassy eyes. "Why me?"

"Because!" She said, and dissappeared.

After that, James had trouble remembering how to get back to Gryffindor Tower. After a good half an hour of searching, he found it.

"Toad skins," he said, and the portrait opened.