Chapter Twenty Three: First Magic

Hey, just letting you know this chapter is a bit different. You'll see in a second.

Chapter Twenty Three: First Magic

When James Potter was three years old, he preformed his first bit of magic. But what he had done wasn't the best thing that could've happened...

James was in the kitchen, jumping around, smiling, and laughing. His mother had been pregnant with Lily at the time, so she wasn't in the best of moods. "James! Be quiet!"

"No!" He screamed.

"James Sirius Potter-" she was cut short by the sight of fire. The counter was gone, and in it's place was a small dragon.

At this point, James was running up to the dragon to pet it.

"James! Don't-" Ginny yelled, picking him up and backing away from the dragon. She pulled her wand out of her pocket and muttered a spell. The dragon easily turned back into the counter, but all of most of the kitchen was covered with black, burnt marks. James giggled a little bit. Maybe naming him after two of the best Hogwarts pranksters was not a good idea after all.

~_-_-_-_~

Albus's first bot of magic had been only a short week later- the day Lily was born. Ron and Hermione had come to watch the two of them.

James was drawing the dragon, explaining- or exagerating- what had happened. "And it was flying around and almost killed me!" He finished.

Even at the age of two, no one could fool Al. "I don't think that happened, James," he said.

"It did!" James said. "I can do magic now and you can't! Ha!" The smirk on James's face only grew wider.

Albus looked down at his blank sheet of Muggle paper (Yes, Muggle paper!) and then at the crayon in his brother's hand. Concentrating as much as he could, the crayon melted, purple wax spreading over his hand and wrist.

"OW!" James gaped at the melting crayon and then at Albus. His smirk was gone and Al was proud of himself for that.

Rose looked between them, "Al! You just did magic! I haven't done any," she pouted.

"Just concentrate on what you wanna do!" Al said.

Aunt Hermione was looking at James's hand and wrist, which were still covered in bubbling purple goo.

~_-_-_-_~

Lily was five when she finally did magic. For her borthday, she'd gotten a little toy puppy dog and loved it. She named it Kiwi, and it was always by her side.

Of course, she'd managed to turn it into a real dog within days of receiving it.

"C'mere, Kiwi!" she called, giggling.

The dog came running and Harry, who was happy his daughter had preformed magic, laughed. Maybe they could keep Kiwi that way, and they had.

All in all, Lily definatly had the best moment. No one had gotten hurt, nor had the kitchen.

Next chapter WILL have Scorpius in it! Yeah, he's going to be back after randomly dissappearing!

~goddessoflife~