Chapter Twenty One: The Lost House

The silence between McGonagall, Domonique, and James was getting on his nerves. He looked around the office and saw the Sorting Hat on a shelf, limp and lifeless. That didn't last for long, though. "I know who did this," the hat said.

McGonagall, James, and Domonique were stunned. The hat knew? How could a hat know? It left the office once a year! McGonagall raised a thin eyebrow.

"Armenia Malfoy, the one that you," the hat looked at James, "and your little friends wanted to know about."

"We wanted to know about Maylaysia. There just wasn't much to say about her, appearantly."

"Well, Armenia did this," the hat said pointedly, "She belongs to the Lost House, not Ravenclaw."

"The Lost House?" McGonagall asked, "What nonsense is this?"

"Oh, it is none, Minerva," the hat said, "Aurora Ackron was one of the Hogwarts founders. She died shortly after the school opened, leaving the other four to-"

"There are no record showing of anyone in a house called 'Ackron'!" McGonagall said.

"Minerva," Dumbldore spoke from his portrait, "Aurora Ackron did exsist. She had twelve students in her house when she passed. Since, no one has joined."

"What did she represent? The animal, I mean," James asked quietly.

"A horse," Polywagen said.

"The house colors...?" Domonique asked.

"Purple and white, though purple was the color found on the inside of their robes."

"So... will the house make a return? That is up to McGonagall," the hat said, becoming limp and lifeless once more.

"A... new... house... lost..." McGonagall sighed and looked between the two students. "Go to lunch. The common room should be cleaned up by the time it's over- Fait will take care of it."

The cousins stood and left. Eventually, Domonique turned on James, stepping infront of him. "What the heck? Whose Mayalysia?"

James sighed. He'd been praying this would never come up around his family. "One of the Hogwarts ghosts," he said, trying to pass her.

She just stepped infront of him again, "And why were you questioning-"

"Teachers?" James finished, "I have my reasons. Now let me pass you."

James had a bad feeling that Domonique was going to send a letter to his dad about this... and then James would have to explain. He was screwed.