Chapter Sixteen: Cray Dursley

Cray Dursley was a small girl with shoulder length brown hair and blue eyes. She'd gotten a letter to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry halfway through the summer holidays, but her mother was slightly upset. Her daughter, a witch.

Her father didn't mind. He'd grown up with a wizard- his cousin, Harry Potter. Dudley hadn't heard much of him since he was eighteen, though.

She was still whining and figuring out how to send letters to Hogwarts, asking for them to come get her. They didn't come until after Christmas break.

A slight rap on the door woke Dudley. He blinked and stood up to answer the door. There stood a woman with her silver hair tied into a tight bun, thin lips, and black dress robes.

"Um, hello," he said uncertainly.

"You are Mr. Dursley, correct?" the woman asked.

"Yes. May I ask, who are you?"

She smiled, "I am Minerva McGonagall, headmisstres of Hogwarts."

"Oh, come in," he said, stepping aside from the doorway.

"I presume that  Cray is in bed?"

"Yes," Dudley said, leading her into the family room.

"Now, why won't you let Cray come to Hogwarts?"

Dudley sighed, "I agreed to let her go- I mean, she should. But my wife, Elizabeth, disagrees." He shook his head, dissapointed.

Minerva raised an eyebrow, "If she came, she'd be with her second cousin."

Dudley looked up quickly, "Harry has children?" he asked.

"Yes, James, Albus, and Lily. James is in his first year at the moment."

Dudley smiled at the thought of seeing his cousin again. He'd never treated him well when they were younger, but he regretted it now. "You can get her tomorrow at four, if you need."

Minerva nodded, "Until then, good bye," she said.

~_-_-_-_~

"Wait!" Trinity said, "Where's McGonagall's office?"

James smiled, "I know. I've been there about two hundered times already. C'mon!" He added.

They reached the gargoyle, "We need to see Professor-!" Trinity began.

"Transfiguration," James said and the gargoyle sprung aside. They ran up the stone staircase, each step echoing. They knocked on the door but it opened. James edged into the room, looking around. "She's not here."