21✭

Night came and Luke, Ashton, Michael, and the twins were enjoying their dinner of trout around the campfire while Hayley looked at her plate in disgust

Night came and Luke, Ashton, Michael, and the twins were enjoying their dinner of trout around the campfire while Hayley looked at her plate in disgust. The only fish she ever ate were those that were filleted and this freshly caught slimy fish roasted on an open fire made her sick.

 "You sure you don't want some trout, Mum? Is that okay, by the way? If we start calling you Mum?" Stevie said sweetly, looking expectantly at Hayley who was wrapped in a blanket rubbing insect repellent on her arms. 

Luke almost choked on his fish when he heard that, while Michael and Ashton just chuckled at Stevie's words. 

"I think your mother would prefer if you called me Hayley and no thank you, I do not eat trout... for the thousandth time. I'll wait until breakfast. What are we having?" she asked with fake enthusiasm. 

"Trout." Everyone answered. 

"We always live off the trail up here, it's part of the experience," Ashton said and Hayley beamed at him sarcastically as she lapped her leg. 

"What's the other part, being eaten to death by mosquitos?" she snapped. 

"What is that you're using?" Luke asked and put down his plate. "Let me see that." Hayley handed him the bottle over to him and he sniffed it before putting some on his hand. 

"You're going to attract every mosquito on the mountain. This is sugar and water... Where'd you get this stuff?" He asked with a playful smile and Stevie and Silver shared grins.  Hayley glared at them and the twins continued eating their trout pretending nothing has happened.

"That's it. I'm taking a large sleeping pill and going to bed," she announced, picking up two sticks before she stood up. She started whacking the sticks together as the sound reverberated in the night. Luke looked around with a raised eyebrow at her behavior. 

Michael and Ashton stare at her with confusion written all over their faces. 

"Hayley... what are you doing?" he asked.

"She's probably preparing a witchcraft ritual, mate. Don't be surprised when you wake up and we're all dead." Michael said as Ashton and the girls laughed loudly at his words. 

"Ha ha" she said sarcastically. "I don't want the mountain lions to..." she stopped and turned around and the twins along with Luke's best friends snorted. "There are no mountain lions up here, are there?" she asked, standing to her full height, after realizing the jokes on her. Luke tried to hide his amusement as he shook his head, smiling. 

"Nope." he mouthed and Hayley placed the sticks down, then she approached Luke who was now looking at her worriedly but she planted a kiss on his lips leaving him breathless. The girls rolled their eyes and tried not to gag, while the other two glared at the woman.