Rakepick

Lana had gone to visit Tulip in the Hospital Wing a few hours later. They were discussing the vaults and where they could be.

"I agree that the next vault is probably in the Forbidden Forest..." Lana started, "I just don't understand why the curse sends sleepwalkers there..."

Just then, Lana felt someone behind her, and it made her uneasy.

"I've wondered the same thing since the last time the curse befell Hogwarts..." Madam Rakepick broke Lana out of her train of thought.

"Were you eavesdropping on us?" Lana questioned the older woman.

"You were discussing the Cursed Vaults. I made it clear that the vaults are my primary concern." she answered firmly. "And that they are no longer a concern of yours."

Lana was not impressed with this, so she stood her ground.

"I have to find the vaults to find out what happened to my brother."

"Then it's in your best interest to help me..." Rakepick told her.

"I thought you wanted us to stay out of your way." Lana answered bluntly.

"There are ways you can help me without getting in my way. What do you say, Miss Riviera?"
Rakepick asked her. "Will you help me find the Cursed Vaults?"

Lana had to think about this. Of course she wanted to help! She had to find Jacob! But she had a bad feeling about Patricia Rakepick. So she decided to try and be a little smart with her.

"You're an expert Curse-Breaker, Madam Rakepick. Are you worried about a little competition from a fourth-year?" Lana started.

"I hope you find your brother, Miss Riviera. I honestly do. If you'll excuse us, I'd like to speak to Miss Karasu about her sleepwalking incident in private."

"Go ahead, Lana Riviera. I'll find you when Madam Pomfrey releases me from her clutches." Tulip joked.

"When I'm finished with Miss.Karasu, I'd like to see you on the Training Grounds..." Rakepick added.
"If you won't help me search for the Cursed Vaults, you should at least be aware of the dangers..."
Lana nodded at the older woman, gave her friend a quick hug goodbye, and left the Hospital Wing.

*********************************************************************

Lana was on the Training Grounds - she decided to stay there whilst Madam Rakepick spoke to Tulip.
Barnaby was passing and saw his girlfriend sitting on the grass by herself, so he walked over and sat next to her.

"Hey." he said, nudging her arm with his.

"Hey, Barny." she smiled at him and leaned her head on his shoulder.

"Are you ok?" he asked her.

"I don't know..." Lana sighed.

"What's up? You can tell me." Barnaby smiled reassuringly as Lana looked up at him.

Lana explained the incident in the Hospital Wing, and how Madam Rakepick wanted to see her at the Training Grounds. Barnaby knew how she didn't trust the older woman, but he also knew how she had to find her brother. He tried to help her as much as he could.

"Do you want me to stay with you when she comes over?" he asked gently.

Lana smiled gratefully at his offer, and wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face in his shoulder.