Creatures and Cuteness

Lana needed a break from it all. Her school year was already filled with vaults, and new potential enemies, and confusing objects, and she was only about a month in. Barnaby had offered to spend some time with her at the Magical Creatures Reserve, which she accepted with no hesitation. They met in the Great Hall a couple of hours before dinner, and walked hand in hand to the Reserve.

"You're gonna love my Bowtruckle!" Barnaby told her excitedly.

"I'm sure I will." she said with a smile. "Have you got it to like you yet?"

"Yeah! She's still a bit shy, but she's not scared when I feed her anymore."

"Oh, it's a girl?" Lana wondered.

"Yeah, I um...named it after you." Barnaby said, scratching his neck and grinning sheepishly.

Lana found it adorable that he'd named his pet after her, and she also found it funny because he didn't know that she'd actually named hers after him as well.

"Aw, Barny!" she gushed, "That's funny, because I've actually named my one Barnaby..." she looked up at him with a giggle. Barnaby looked down at her with his eyebrows raised in slight shock, but grinned afterwards and kissed her swiftly.

                 *************************************************************************

Once they reached the forest where the Bowtruckles were, Barnaby was eager to introduce Lana to his pet.

"Ok, so, big Lana, meet little Lana!" he smiled proudly, gesturing to the little green creature on the tree branch.

"Hi, little Lana!" she said sweetly, making the Bowtruckle shy away behind a leaf, but peer out from the side of it to look at the girl.

"She's still not completely comfortable around people...but we'll get there! Won't we, little Lana?" Barnaby said to the creature, crouching down and smiling at it.

"Can I show you mine now?" Lana asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I can't wait!" the Slytherin boy said, like a young child excited on Christmas Day, making Lana giggle.

Lana walked over to where her Bowtruckle was, Barnaby following, and introduced the two.

"Hey, little Barnaby!" she greeted her green friend, "This is big Barnaby! Remember I told you about him the other day?" she asked the Bowtruckle.

"Hey, little Barnaby!" the boy waved to the creature, "You told him about me?" Barnaby asked Lana in awe.

"Yeah...I was having a rough day, and um...thinking of you makes all my bad thoughts vanish. And I guess I was talking about you without even realising it." she replied shyly.

Barnaby just wrapped his arms around her and smiled. She hugged him back tightly, gripping the back of his school jumper in her fist.

"I'm glad that you feel that way." he told her, "You know that I'm always gonna be there to make you feel better, right?" he asked, looking down at the girl in his arms.

"I do." she said, looking up at him and smiling. Lana held the side of his face and kissed him, feeling him smile against her lips. They pulled away, and he kissed her forehead, before standing up and realising that little Barnaby was gone!

"Where's he gone?!" Lana worried.

"I think I know..." Barnaby said, looking over to the tree where his Bowtruckle was.

Little Barnaby had strolled over to where Little Lana was, and they were looking at each other. Lana and Barnaby walked over to them slowly, so as not to disturb them. The two little Bowtruckles were communicating in their language, and it was adorable.

"Look! They're just like us, but in Bowtruckle form!" Barnaby whisper-shouted, his excited expression increasing.

"Aww they are!" Lana said, completely lost in the adorable moment.

Barnaby looked at Lana as she was staring at the creatures in awe, admiring how she loved them as much as he did. Lana felt his eyes on her, so she turned her head to look at him.

"What?" she giggled, making Barnaby smile more.

"Nothing." he replied, smiling dreamily, "I just can't believe how lucky I got."

"You are the best, you know that?" she replied, hugging him.

"I think Dumbledore is a bit better than me. He's a lot more clever than me and-"

"Just shut up and kiss me." Lana laughed, pulling away and looking into his eyes.

Barnaby laughed, but kissed her sweetly, both smiling into the kiss before pulling away, and walking back to the castle for dinner.

okey dokey I thought that this was quite cute :)
I got their bowtruckles to meet! agh!
aha but anyway I can shut up now :')
please vote and comment if you liked, and I'll see you soon :)
byeee <3